What's the meaning/origin of your username?

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Vegas Oramas, Dec 17, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. The faction system is back! Please report any issues to an administrator.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Vegas Oramas

Vegas Oramas

Beta Tester The Enclave
    Spain
    Ratings:
    +717 / -13
    There are some pretty curious usernames in this forum and I doubt that most of those people just have chosen a random name, so let's dig in!

In my case...

Vegas: It's a username I've always loved and I use it frequently. It's because of F:NV, but that's not all. I believe in the randomness and casuality of most of the things, such as life on Earth. Las Vegas and its famous games based on (most of the times) luckiness represents this.

Oramas: Modern form of "Doramas". Doramas was a native Canarian leader of the resistance against the Spanish conquest of the Canary Islands (1402-1496). Concretely, he was from Gran Canaria. The Spanish soldiers feared him and even praised his strenght, courage and leadership. Hell, he even killed enemies with his wooden sword.
    He was killed by an anon Spanish soldier from behind, with a lance.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doramas (The English version is poor compared to the Spanish one, you may read the Spanish wiki page using Google translate).

Now, what about you guys? People with F:NV based usernames can't tell too much, heh

• Like Like x 2
  2. The Outlaw

The Outlaw

Patreon Supporter Beta Tester
    United States
    Ratings:
    +740 / -32
    I put The Outlaw because I always loved the movie Outlaw Josey Wales.

thats it.

(i try name sniping on video games for this ;) )

3. CM Punk

CM Punk

Beta Tester
    Denmark
    Ratings:
    +355 / -46
    CM Punk is the updated personality pack of the original version named "Drew McIntyre"

4. The Nak

The Nak

Patreon Supporter Forum Dweller Beta Tester
    United States
    Ratings:
    +747 / -21
    • My name starts with 'NAK'
    • In highschool, along with the Hobbit, MC Nakky, Nikky-I-Yuh, and a bunch of other god awful nicknames, I was called The Nak
      • This was highly due to the fact that I am very boisterous of a personality and have a pretty big ego built on irony

5. Askelon

Askelon

Beta Tester The Enclave
    United States
    Ratings:
    +486 / -7
    I once joined an 40k RP group a few years ago. I was still pretty new to RP in general, so I needed a hand coming up with a name. This one guy suggests the name "Askelon", and it immediately just stuck. I've used it as my username on almost everything since then, either alone or with an added prefix(I commonly use Lord Askelon in these cases) or with an added title on the end (Usually von something).

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gamer_loxo1

Gamer_loxo1

Beta Tester The Strip
    United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +501 / -24
    I used loxo1 as my username when I used to play adventure quest worlds (can't remember how I thought of it) and it just kind of stuck. The gamer part was added when I created my psn (once again can't remember why). Kek, this wasn't much of an explaination but still...

7. partenersintime

partenersintime

Beta Tester The Enclave
    Canada
    Ratings:
    +115 / -10
    When I was really small, I made a youtube account with my friend. We decided to call it partnersintime. It was gonna be a channel about two time traveling friends and their adventures.We made the account and everything was good until we tried logging in again. We were really confused because we knew what the username and password was. Ten minutes later, we still haven't logged in and I finally realized that I misspelled partner. I thought it was funny and it sort of just became a permanent username.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Edric Benton

Edric Benton

Beta Tester
    Germany
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +127 / -1
    I really don´t know why I chose the word "rise" , maybe because it sounded good..

The exclamation mark comes from an old YouTube channel where I produced videos with my friends (its name was Ult!mate, so I took the ! over)

Yeah, maybe this was a bit boring.

For Edric Benton, I looked up popular english names in the 1940´s and chose a name that sounded good lol

9. drater

drater

Beta Tester
    Germany
    Ratings:
    +13 / -0
    spell it backwards

• Like Like x 11
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. Moortin

Moortin

Beta Tester Moortin's Club House
    Sweden
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +347 / -15
    top notch origin story of my username:
    i wanted a name change on roblox, and i came up with "Moortin" because Martin was not available but Martin with 2 oo instead of a was and then boom.

11. Ivan Hawks

Ivan Hawks

Beta Tester
    Spain
    Ratings:
    +366 / -12
    This nickname is just my real name along with a random surname I found cool af.

My old nickname (Ivanotus) comes from far back, back when I played Gladiatus. My name is Ivan (Iván, correctly spelled in spanish), so I latinized it. "Ivanus" was just meh, so I just added some letters in it: Ivanotus. And there, that's the shit origin of my most used nickname. I use it everywhere except here for RP reasons.

12. Lucius

Lucius

Beta Tester
    United States
    Ratings:
    +394 / -3
    I am Lucius, Caesars head of security and personal praetorian. I take the role and name of the individual in-game.

13. TheBlastback

TheBlastback Well-Known User

United States
    Ratings:
    +39 / -0
    When I was like 13, I had decided to play some online flash game (Territory war online). I needed to make a nickname, so I was thinking. I wanted to be "The flashback", but thought that was taken (Can't remember if it was). Thinking about it some more, I thought to myself "Hey, it seems like all flashbacks involve an explosion to trigger it. Wait a minute, does that mean its.. A Blast back?". Popped that in, and I've stuck with it for everything

14. Jack of Hearts

Jack of Hearts

Beta Tester
    Canada
    Ratings:
    +298 / -2
    Jack of Hearts is a name I made up specifically for FNV/NV:MP.

I wanted a name that didn't sound too much like a typical raider's name (Cleaver, Killer, Slag, The Bruiser, etc) and fit into FNV's gambling theme. After I decided to name myself after a playing card, I had to decide which suit and which value.

"Ace of Spades" is way too cliché so there was no way I was going to use an ace or any of the spades. Both King and Queen seemed too high (I didn't want to make myself a gang leader) and the numbers seemed too low. Besides, I liked the androgyny of Jack. "Is it a guy, or a girl who shortened her name? Who knows?"

Once I had the value, I just needed to pick a suit. Jack of Clubs and Jack of Diamonds are kinda lame, but something about Jack of Hearts felt right, so I stuck with it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ESTraak

ESTraak

Beta Tester
    Estonia
    Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    ESTraak.
    At first it was traak, my last name turned backwards. Later i added ES and capitalised T so, EST(it should mean Estonia) onto the front. I hav been using it for aome years now.
    That is how i made it.

16. Pentagram

Pentagram

Beta Tester
    Spain
    Ratings:
    +64 / -1
    Smooth and easy.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Blazefire1821

Blazefire1821

Beta Tester
    United States
    Ratings:
    +416 / -65
    Blaze cones from one of my favorite games back on ps2 ace combat unsung hero's I loved that Game as I'm really into aviation fire was just to fit psn and 1821 is me and my uncles birthdays he is a really big influence on my life and he did the same for his psn but he helped me out a lot when I was younger so that's why I have numbers on my name and that's pretty much why I have the name and it stuck to me

18. Lemmy

Lemmy User

Germany
    Ratings:
    +4 / -1
    Lemmy is my dog's name. I am not very creative.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. The Pony Lover

The Pony Lover

Beta Tester
    United States
    Ratings:
    +312 / -6
    I love ponies.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Klomper8

Klomper8

Beta Tester The Enclave
    United States
    Ratings:
    +50 / -1
    A friend of mine gave me a Runescape account 10 years ago. This was the name he had, and now I use the name