What would your town be like in Fallout?

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by MeleeBlaze, Jan 11, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, happy new year! We released our first patch notes of this year, check them out!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. MeleeBlaze

MeleeBlaze User

Brotherhood of Steel
    United States
    There's a bunch of college kids and neckbeards in my town as well as old people. There's a big dam. I guess in other words the Railroad vs. FOTA.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Elder McNamara

Elder McNamara

Forum Dweller Player Brotherhood of Steel
    United States
    Occupied by the Shi

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  3. Askelon

Askelon Recognised User | Level 2

The Enclave
    United States
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. ringadingding

ringadingding

Patreon Supporter
    United States
    i would have a town mixed with some southern ideas, and some Asian culture, fuck it lets throw some Ireland in there too I LOVE ME SOME IRISH WHISKEY.:D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Scar

Scar User

United States
    Essentially the trump tower made of concrete, and then filled with robots that fulfills all my settlement needs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Joshua Graham

Joshua Graham

Forum Dweller Player
    Argentina
    100% raiders tbh, this place sucks lmao

• Like Like x 1
  7. Elder McNamara

Elder McNamara

Forum Dweller Player Brotherhood of Steel
    United States
    I think people may've misread the OP. What would your IRL town look like, not what your ideal town.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Scar

Scar User

United States
    It would still be the trump tower filled with robots that gets me all the food, water and scrap i could ever need.
    Because it would seem kinda dumb not to make your town the ideal town for you, or just as perfect as it can be for you.
    Also i might name the town "Slave Tower"

• Like Like x 1
  9. Vegas Oramas

Vegas Oramas Recognised User | Level 2

The Enclave
    Spain
    Occupied by the military. My city has like 3 military bases and lots of gendarmerie (Guardia Civil) HQs.

I'd expect some kind of guerrilla though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Nitecloud

Nitecloud Well-Known User

Indonesia
    A relatively free-radiation but still filled with raiders I suppose. My country was one of the founders of the Non-Aligned Movement during the Cold War which means we don't support the communists or the capitalists, but still it's not explained in the Fallout Lore what happened to the organization but most likely it'll be like New Vegas.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. The Phantom Fiddle

The Phantom Fiddle

Player The Enclave
    Australia
    Well, it's sure as hell being hit by a direct nuke since RAAF Base Edinburgh is close to here, according to one of my buds in the Air Force and the Wikipedia page, they do some Military R&D there too. If somehow they survive the oncoming holocaust (there's no Vaults of course, maybe a few hidden bunkers due to pre war hysteria?) we MIGHT have some sort of BoS type situation, albeit more of them being descendants of instructors or cadets. There's more military/cadet academies here than actual bases, however, taking in the radical authoritarian pre war society in the States, these academies/bases may be a lot more "nuclear prepared" and might be more heavily fortified.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Blazefire1821

Blazefire1821

Player NCR
    United States
    I'm next to Boston so that's nice might be abandoned or turned into a raider town as my towns in the back woods so lots of trees to hide out in idk could be a mix of things

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Tycho

Tycho

Patreon Supporter The Khans
    United States
    Wiped out, considering I live right next to LA and that got nuked to oblivion.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. DanielTheAdventurer

DanielTheAdventurer Well-Known User

United States
    Home Page:
    Tranquility Lane... Well, except destroyed, mostly. And a bit of Point Lookout, too considering I live near the coast. Sounds about right. Facts check out.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jack of Hearts

Jack of Hearts Well-Liked User

Canada
    Short answer: That depends on what part of the city you're talking about.

Buckle up, boys and girls, we're going on a ride. (TL;DR at bottom.)

-Taken directly from a quick google search for "Map of Toronto"

[​IMG]

The first thing you have to understand is that Toronto is old. We literally have an old fort from the 1800s (Fort York) and a freaking castle, and that's just what I can remember off the top of my head. I could find more old buildings if I went looking. Like most major cities, we expanded from a number of small towns and settlements into larger towns, then into four distinct cities: Toronto, North York, Scarborough, and Etobicoke. (No, I will not tell you how to pronounce the last two.) Eventually, they grew so large that they merged.

Second, Toronto is big. The downtown core is filled with skyscrapers, there are tons of large shopping malls, we have parks everywhere (and one is so big that it has a small zoo inside), we've got an international airport (YYZ), the Distillery district is full of indie breweries, the Junction and Stockyards districts used to be the hub for freight trains coming in from all over the country and now they're full of hipsters and starving artists, the actual Toronto Zoo is in the east end (and it's huge),large international cargo ships dock in our ports quite often, there's a police college/military reservist armory a couple blocks away from my house, and there are two military bases (mostly for the air force, but still) a couple hours away by car. CFB (Canadian Forces Base) Trenton is about two hours east of Toronto, and is primarily a military airport. CFB Borden is about an hour north of Toronto, and is an amalgamation of army base, air force base, and cadet training centre.

Okay, now let's talk about post-nuclear. The closest we get to hearing about Toronto are the DLCs The Pitt for FO3 and Honest Hearts for FNV, although The Pitt is a bit ambiguous. In The Pitt, you hear references to a settlement called Ronto. This could be either Toronto ON, or Toronto OH. Ronto is said to have a reputation for military might and Toronto ON has the aforementioned bases, so it's unlikely that the small city in Ohio is Ronto. However, the one in Ohio is practically right next to Pittsburgh, so it's equally unlikely that the city in Ontario is Ronto.

In HH, the Survivalist's rifle was made in the Long Branch Arsenal, which is a real place. Long Branch is the south-western-most district and did indeed have a munitions factory that was built in 1940-41 and produced Lee-Enfield rifles and Sten SMGs. IRL it closed in 1976 and couldn't have made the Survivalist's rifle.

It's entirely possible that the two military bases got nuked to hell, and also quite possible that the city itself got nuked. Still, there would be a surplus of modern weaponry thanks to the various armories around the city and of course the bases themselves. (We use variants of the AR-15 and the FN Minimi, so those would be quite common.) The area around Fort York would for sure have a Minuteman-style faction in charge, and there would be gangs around our many sports stadiums dressed in hockey gear. (Some stereotypes exist for a reason, eh?) Some of our many parks would have farms and other settlements, and I imagine there would even be Rivet City-style settlements living in some of the ships in our harbours.

TL;DR: Some areas would be nice, some areas would have Minutemen, some areas would be shitty.
    Edit: Added more information about the military bases in the area.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Well-Known User

The Khans
    United States
    fire, looted.

17. LyricsMode

LyricsMode User

United States
    Dead

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. Igor Nikolaev

Igor Nikolaev

Player The Enclave
    Estonia
    Shady Sands like city

19. Caesar

Caesar

Player Previous Patreon Supporter Caesar's Legion
    United Kingdom
    Home Page:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. The Nak

The Nak

Patreon Supporter Forum Dweller Player
    United States
    But it's in Canada.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Haha, alright, so my town.

[​IMG]
    Welcome to Clearwater Florida​

The City in my opinion would be flooded, quite bad. I picture raiders on Air Boats dominating it, while my tribe up the Hill fortifies our neighborhoods and begins to work out surviving the Nuclear Winter. Now we don't have basements, but our homes are designed with horrific weather in mind. On the topic of that weather though, there's no telling how badly things would go without dedicated crews to clean up after hurricanes which are not unheard of. The entire area would be hell, much like most Fallouts. Some more interesting things to consider, is our abundance of Scientologists, that would make for a unique post war group potentially. But as the county I am in is one of the most densely populated on earth, that fact alone would cause a lot of mayhem.

And don't forget super crocs, Air Force bases, NASA, etc. But there's one final fact that would make it impossible to survive here: It's more than likely all Air Conditioning would be wiped out in the case of an Atomic Annihilation, meaning Florida wouldn't be able to sustain human life any longer.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1