Way to fix stim spamming and change the combat meta

Discussion in 'Suggestions Hub' started by KingJasper, Sep 17, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
?

Forced hardmode?

1. Yes

65.7%
  2. No

34.3%
  1. KingJasper

KingJasper User

NCR
    Ratings:
    +19 / -0
    Many players have had to deal with the way combat is and how sync and stim spamming have made is so that explosives and having more stim packs then the other person is the best way to win.

Hard mode would change this as it would make awareness and accuracy more important then weather of not you are going to have more stim packs then the other person but the effects are more far reaching then this.

Limb damage requires sleep or a doctors bag to fix, ammo is heavy so no more 100000 MF rounds farmed at repcon HQ and missiles and other explosives even more so when fights are tense quick and a real risk even when your running away the game will be harder yes but also more skill based.

If you note that the needs system would have next to no effect on players with the ease of getting food in the first place on top of the fact that any time you D/C it would reset then it has little against it in that regard the primary factor is that it changes the way healing works such that fights can be over quickly like they would be like against any other enemy in the game healing still has a place and a role in the way we fight but it is not the only factor when we note that players who are not synced can't damage each other any way (done a fair amount of combat and have watched people take rockets point blank and take no damage) and the fact that if you were going to get one shot by a rocket then that would of happened anyway it means healing this way would be an excellent change add on that you won't be able to carry that many rockets anyway and it has an indirect nerf on that aspect too.

If you follow that up by making guns save again and making barter the skill that does not (when you consider you can farm caps in so many ways and if your lazy can just go to prim and farm 3 frag mines for 8k the skill is kind of worthless ironic that aint it) and you bring them back as well which would change the meta on another level from just the Q-35, YCS, and a explosive weapon of your choice to include the large variety of gun's that are present in game a change many would welcome.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. KingJasper

KingJasper User

NCR
    Ratings:
    +19 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Kaiser Dayne XI

Kaiser Dayne XI Recognised User | Level 2

Caesar's Legion
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +362 / -30
    but i need that barter skill so i can buy ammo for 2 smeckles

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. KingJasper

KingJasper User

NCR
    Ratings:
    +19 / -0
    stop being stingy the NPC's need to earn a living too you know.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. LexiASamur

LexiASamur Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    I think this is a great idea, I'm all for it

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Scott Poutgrim

Scott Poutgrim User

Free Winds Company
    Ratings:
    +31 / -0
    Being able to save gun mods would help.

But hardcode mode has problems when the game is set to real time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. KingJasper

KingJasper User

NCR
    Ratings:
    +19 / -0
    Do you want to elaborate on this the time to kill hasn't changed it's just that you need to use some level of skill to survive instead of just farming in PvE your ping is not relevant unless you happen to be trying to PvE glitch so you have another players agro and in terms of say death claws if you need to stim spam to survive them then you shouldn't be anywhere near death claw if it's explosive enemy's then I have a secret for you rush up to them and they won't fire the rocket at you there AI is designed to prevent self damage as much as possible and then will have a gun to swap to or just shoot it out of there hand.

For PvP well that is kind of the whole point of it making you die faster while also preventing you from carrying a million rounds of ammo. In terms of the fact that the game is real time if you are not prepared and you get ganked unprepared you probably should die in that situation. On a side note you are invincible when in your inventory or menu and nothing is stopping you using it when your not in PvP and they can't do anything to you once your in it other then wait which comes back to the unprepared and getting ganked thing.

I will say I can't understand the plight of people who can't fight in the real time combat with out getting hit on a regular basis primarily because I have a lot of hours in game and most if not all of my combat was done out of V.A.T.S but let's take it to the far ends in RP most people can't kill a death claw it's not something you just wake up and do you can kill a couple of gecko's but unless your a trained combatant with lots of experience you will die in the harsh unforgiving waste land of the post apocalypse (note if you message me here or in game or on discord @KingJasper#6530 or the NV:MP or NCR discord I am happy to help anyone who wants to learn combat) or if we take it to the far end of game play it should take some skill to kill a death claw they are designed as the strongest enemy in game and we already removed cazadores as a result of how unfair they are and as far as i can tell the scorpions around goodsprings north were removed too not that you need to go anywhere near them.

I feel like I have addressed most of the issues that could be raised on this point but if I missed your's or any one else's do tell me and I will see if I can't explain myself in relation to it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Scott Poutgrim

Scott Poutgrim User

Free Winds Company
    Ratings:
    +31 / -0
    I meant more of when you /goodsprings could potentially starve/dehydrate to death. It has happened to me in base game when I set it the time to "real time" you tend to need to eat and drink far more frequently than you should.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Daedalus

Daedalus Recognised User | Level 6

The Circle of Steel
    some bunker or another. Too much sand to tell.
    Ratings:
    +502 / -2
    The game normally prevents you from travelling if that's the case.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Scott Poutgrim

Scott Poutgrim User

Free Winds Company
    Ratings:
    +31 / -0
    There's still the issue of having to fix the need of food and water to match real time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. BigTimeTripod

BigTimeTripod

Beta Tester
    Ratings:
    +39 / -1
    Just adding two cents. There was talks that when hardcode is added, then its only for the stimpack effect. Food, water and sleep would be disabled.

• Winner Winner x 2
  12. daboogie

daboogie User

Ratings:
    +44 / -2
    would add more uses to drugs so why not =P

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Snake Vargas

Snake Vargas Banned User

Desert Rangers
    Ratings:
    +96 / -10
    If hardcore mode is to be enabled, then all of it should be. But, the main thing is, before they can fix stimpacks, they have to fix combat itself. Players teleport around on your screen, and it's just buggy at the moment. Yeah, combat lasts ages, but it prevents someone from winning because of the server, and not because of their equipment. If they can fix hit detection server-side, and desync, they HELL YES, turn HC on. I for one think it should've been required from the start, and they should rework timescale around that. Maybe change the Primary Needs values to fit a realtime scale, make it progress much slower to counter it going faster due to Timescale. But we need hardcore mode, otherwise the entire game is a casual shooter with a chat. The game doesn't ever feel like a struggle, when it should be constant fear of players, or NPCs/Creatures that you can't handle. I'd add a "Maybe, with changes" option to your votes, for people who agree, but only once certain things are fixed/changed.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. daboogie

daboogie User

Ratings:
    +44 / -2
    I dont know why people keep saying barter, you need it to buy and sell things, how about SPEECH, which its only use to to get explosives at mick and ralphs, but you can get it without putting one skill in it by getting sexy sleepwear and a speech skill book, ez.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Snake Vargas

Snake Vargas Banned User

Desert Rangers
    Ratings:
    +96 / -10
    I may not be up to date here, but why the hell do we need to break one to fix the other? Can they not just fix guns? I mean, I don't see the problem here, if E-weapons works, why can't guns?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. KingJasper

KingJasper User

NCR
    Ratings:
    +19 / -0
    because the economy is fucked. you want caps? go get 3 frag mines from primm and you just got yourself 8k cap's don't like glitch's go to sunset sarsaparilla headquarters and farm cap's out of the crate's there get some exp while your at it. Don't have time for that go up black mountain and get annabelle and sell it off for 5k per copy. Can't fight the mutants go to repconn headquarters get the Q-35 and sell that off for 2k sell of all the MF cell's you can get while your at it. Barter is useless speech still has a use
    gun's was never meant to be broken it just did and stayed that way because of another over site that was made if you get past level 50 (cap is 95 I think) then you can't level up a skill but you need to level up a skill to leave the level up menu which make's the game unplayable able there are fix's that would solve this problem but the one we have now work's just fine.

"I mean, I don't see the problem here, if E-weapons works, why can't guns?" Exactly and as we have already established and as was stated in the post itself Barter is useless because cap's are everywhere and hold no value to you as a player other then as a mean's of getting any item you want all that is stopping you is time and I mean ONLY time you can get to the strip without fighting at all and of the methods I showed here all but one requires no fighting.

I will admit some of this information you might not just know like the bit about the level cap and how skill's work during a level up and while I admit that sexy sleepwear and a speech skill book do work having to keep clothing that only has a chance to spawn (unless you feel like going out of your way to get it) and a consumable item every time I want to talk to a NPC who in some situations I may need to farm compared to dropping a skill that's only effect is changing price's I am serious as far as I know any of the quest's were it's used are not in the game and it would be mostly useless if they were in anyway.

Barter is an ironically worthless skill.

• Like Like x 2
  17. KrieG

KrieG Banned User

Ratings:
    +97 / -3
    Barter is useless lol. Just get Annabelle, Avenger and some other guns and sell them to the merchants, then repeat it 295 times.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Zamix

Zamix User

Ratings:
    +6 / -0
    I think the hardcore mode is a good one but if you want use it when it gonna be enabled go to options and activate him and if you fight with somebody don't use hardcore mode this guy got nerf like +HP-10 if you hit him with the DAM of your weapon.And for the water/sleep if it enabled the time have to be extended.
    ;)

• Like Like x 1
  19. GeTex

GeTex Banned User

NCR
    Ratings:
    +53 / -9
    They should add more drug dealers to the world like Dixon, So people can RP as hobos and shit
    And yeah hardcore would be cool.But ammo weight should never be a thing
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Eetterinakki

Eetterinakki Banned User

Ratings:
    +75 / -1
    @GeTex

Ammo weight should be a thing whenever they implement some kind of storage, such as this: https://nv-mp.com/forum/index.php?threads/shared-faction-containers.2152/

Basically if every faction has it's own inventory which can be accessed when those faction members are in a base they control, this way you could not access your faction's items if you lose all your bases. And logistics would be hard if you don't have many bases on the map where to get it from

Also, Jak's old poll on Hardcore mode: http://www.strawpoll.me/13508791

• Agree Agree x 3