Unofficial Patch: Restoring Vanilla Locations that did not make the cut.

Discussion in 'Suggestions Hub' started by Caesar, Apr 20, 2017 at 5:16 PM.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
?

Good idea or too much?

1. Go for it

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. No for it

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Caesar

Caesar

Player Previous Patreon Supporter Caesar's Legion
    United Kingdom
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +610 / -75
    I've progressed on an update , invisible barriers are now removed and terrain beyond the borders are fixed to prevent people getting stuck on rocks. I've thought about restoring the malpais area, it'll be accessed by following a road down the other end of hoover dam. What do you think?

Geck Findings

Now we all know of the cell called 'malpais' in the geck, it was the camp where corporal sterling was held at. I've thought about restoring this area.

IF YOU KNOW ANY OTHER CUT LOCATIONS THAT DID NOT BECOME PART OF DLC, POST BELOW ALSO, I WILL LOOK INTO FINISHING THEM!

Also I voted No on this thread because personally I don't think it's necessary/needed to bring back cut locations but if it helps create a wider multiplayer MMOG experience on NVMP, with approval i'll go for it.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017 at 8:45 PM
  2. Burton Wester

Burton Wester

Player The Enclave
    United States
    Ratings:
    +141 / -3
    Meh. Let's keep it vanilla. No need to add new stuff like that. I think taking down the boarders was already a stretch.

3. Caesar

Caesar

United Kingdom
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +610 / -75
    It was already in the game , just disabled. I went to these locations in the geck and re-enabled them. Basically they were disabled for optimisation on the xbox 360 and playstation 3 at the time

4. Burton Wester

Burton Wester

Player The Enclave
    United States
    Ratings:
    +141 / -3
    It might have been in the game files, but it wasn't available in game. That's what makes this "Non-Vanilla."

5. Caesar

Caesar

United Kingdom
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +610 / -75
    Not in the game files, in the geck with the disabled box checked, i'll show you with a screenshot , just hold fire

[​IMG]

Oh i thought you meant the water jets on hoover dam

6. Burton Wester

Burton Wester

Player The Enclave
    United States
    Ratings:
    +141 / -3
    That's pretty cool actually, but doesn't change the fact it wasn't in the game. :confused:

7. Caesar

Caesar

United Kingdom
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +610 / -75

I thought you meant the water jets on hoover dam, they are in the game just have the disabled flag checked. They are still in the game just not enabled.

However the malpais cell isn't in the game at all and would require a full restore which i probably won't do. So yes the malpais would be un-vanilla

8. Burton Wester

Burton Wester

Player The Enclave
    United States
    Ratings:
    +141 / -3
    Yah, I meant the cell. Sorry for not making that clear.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Caesar

Caesar

United Kingdom
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +610 / -75
    I actually misread this as the unofficial patch thread lol which is why i responded about the water jets but yeah they are already in the game as the game still tries to render them, they are just disabled. Same with the scaffolding and pylons now seen on/around hoover dam

I'm only enabling stuff that exists in the game, anything not in the game ( not on the geck map ) won't be added or else it would be un-vanilla.Another example is i enabled a secret intake door on hoover dam, it was an entry point in the final battle to take you into the pipe system of the lower level, where the legionaries pour out in the NCR Final battle defense. It actually had a door and an exit point down the drainage area on the east side which i enabled. At the same time only keeping to things that exist in the game already just not enabled without taking away the vanilla experience, creating a good multiplayer experience at the same time. Both dynamically and visually is a priority. The patch has also reduced stutters and crashes/improved performance

• Like Like x 1
  10. Caesar

Caesar

United Kingdom
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +610 / -75
    Edited my above response with some extra details on the patching process.

11. KyleJames0408

KyleJames0408 User

Followers
    Ireland
    Ratings:
    +24 / -0
    Hello Caesar,
    It's most certainly creative, but it's unnecessary. You've done a lot of work for the project and you've given a lot of good suggestions and offered plenty of good conversation, however, I think this is just a bit much. I'd rather see the Fallout: New Vegas that I loved. If Obsidian considered it worthy to cut, I consider it unimportant. It just seems pointless to add it in, really. I know you voted no as well, so I agree with what you think, but I find it strange that you should bring this conversation up if you disagree with it. Anywho, this is a good discussion for more than just asking about Malpais, but asking what we should look for in this game such as keeping it vanilla or adding our own twist to it. Overall, I say that we just keep the game itself vanilla. It seems bizarre to add more to it, but that's just me. Great discussion!
    -KyleJames0408