The Brotherhood of Steel (Mojave Chapter)

Discussion in 'Factions & Alliances' started by Marcus de Molay, Sep 28, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. The faction system is back! Please report any issues to an administrator.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Marcus de Molay

Marcus de Molay

Beta Tester
    United States
    Ratings:
    +497 / -7
    The Brotherhood of Steel
    [​IMG]
    Mojave Chapter

Mission Statement
    We stand for benign goals of preservation, primarily technological in nature, and the eradication of highly mutated species. We also concern ourselves with other Factions of the Mojave which might threaten our cause and existence. We, as a faction, aim to work together on various quests and ventures, helping each other in the pursuit of knowledge and in so doing, restore our chapter to it's former glory, to the time before HELIOS One.

The Chain of Command
    [​IMG]
    Here is our chain of command. If you would like more information, read up on ranks here.

* Note that the staggering is intentional, such that Head Paladin has higher authority than Head Scribe, but Head Scribe would have higher authority than Senior Paladin.
    **Try not to exercise power laterally. This is bad practice outside of RP events.

Off-Duty
    It is mandatory to remove your Power Armor to show you are Off-Duty and not representing the interests of the Brotherhood of Steel.​

How to Join
    The Brotherhood is only looking for the best and brightest. If that is you, then come to the entrance of our base and request an admission test. You will be given a series of tasks to fulfill (in singleplayer) with increasing difficulty. While challenging, this rite of passage has been completed by all members and will secure your place among us.​

Benefits of Joining the Brotherhood of Steel
    • You will be recruited as a member of the Brotherhood of Steel and officially become a Paladin/Scribe/Knight.
    • You will be given a set of T-45d Power Armor and receive official Brotherhood Power Armor training along with it.
    • You will receive a key to the Brotherhood of Steel safe-house which is located far to the North East. This safe-house will provide us with a sanctuary and some very useful items listed below.
    • A Brotherhood scribe will speak to you informing you that you are entitled to use an ammo box within the bunker that will be restocked with energy weapon ammunition periodically.
    • You will aide in reclaiming the Brotherhood's glory!
    Brotherhood of Steel Character Builds
    "the scribes develop technology, the knights build it, and the paladins use it."

Here are the 3 Brotherhood of Steel character builds.
    * Note: All builds should get Purifier at Level 14.​
    Scribe:
    Researchers, Archaeologists and Tinkerers by trade, the Scribe Build aims to compensate the Paladin's shortcomings. They specialize in speech and Infiltration-based skills.
    • Perception, Intelligence and Agility are paramount for Scribes. You will be healing, hacking, lockpicking, and sneaking where applicable. These should be ~8, depending on your preference.
    • Strength, Endurance and Luck are important, but should take a back seat to Intelligence. Set these to ~5.
    • Charisma is not important. Take all these points out and apply them elsewhere.
    Recommended Tag Skills: Science, Lockpick, Speech/Barter
    Recommended Traits: Good Natured, Four Eyes/Small Frame

Knight:
    Knights are both Infantrymen and mechanics. They are in charge of building and maintaining Power Armor, Weapons, Vehicles, Ammunition, and anything else needed by the Brotherhood.
    • Strength, Perception and Endurance are of utmost importance and should be set fairly high between 7 and 9 each depending on your preferences.
    • Intelligence should also be set high but to a much lesser degree of importance than that of Strength, Perception and Endurance. 7 is a very solid number.
    • Charisma and Agility are of no use to a Knight. You will never be sneaking, infiltrating, or using traditional weaponry-- save the Minigun. Take all the points from here and place them elsewhere; this is Scribe work.
    Recommended Tag Skills: Repair, Energy Weapons, Guns
    Recommended Traits: Good Natured, Trigger Discipline(Snipers/Riflemen)/Fast Shot(Minigun/Gatling Laser)

Paladin:
    The Brotherhood of Steel would be nothing without its Paladins. Strong, Educated, and Disciplined, these advanced warriors protect the Brotherhood and insure that its interests are upheld throughout the Wastes.
    • Strength, Perception and Endurance are of utmost importance and should be set fairly high between 7 and 9 each depending on your preferences.
    • Intelligence should also be set high but to a much lesser degree of importance than that of Strength, Perception and Endurance. 7 is a very solid number.
    • Charisma and Agility are of no use to a Paladin. You will never be sneaking, infiltrating, or using traditional weaponry-- save the Minigun. Take all the points from here and place them elsewhere; this is Scribe work.
    Recommended Tag Skills: Energy Weapons, Explosives, Guns
    Recommended Traits: Hot Blooded, Trigger Discipline(Snipers/Riflemen)/Fast Shot(Minigun/Gatling Laser)

Codex Excerpts
    • Shield yourself from those not bound to you by steel, for they are the blind. Aid them when you can, but lose not sight of yourself.
    • Give way your suspicions to the wisdom of thine Elder. Where he shows trust, so shall you.
    • Through discourse, we gain the strength of our Brothers' minds.
    Steel be with you

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
    • Like Like x 7
  2. ElderMaxson

ElderMaxson

Beta Tester
    Ratings:
    +161 / -5
    this is confusing, as a Enclave fan should i join the Enclave or as my name suggests should i join the Brotherhood ?

3. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Well-Liked User

United States
    Ratings:
    +76 / -9
    Forum name doesn't matter. Join whatever suits you best.

OT: Good luck with this faction.

4. RAYN0R

RAYN0R

Beta Tester Brotherhood of Steel
    Brazil
    Ratings:
    +154 / -19
    Do we need to be a full player (with an activated key and all) to join a faction or we can simply state here which faction we intent to join ? if the late case prevails i would like to sign up for service.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mastix

Mastix

Beta Tester
    United States
    Ratings:
    +5 / -0
    I want to join. Where do I sign up?

6. Justicecharity

Justicecharity User

United States
    Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    I wish to join, to help the Brotherhood of Steel Regain its proper place in the wasteland!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Blazefire1821

Blazefire1821

Beta Tester
    United States
    Ratings:
    +416 / -65
    no one has a working key at this point some people have some that give them access to the launcher but its not usable at this time

8. DanKMemesDontDie

DanKMemesDontDie User

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +12 / -0
    Don't be fooled by the human exterior, these guys are clearly related to aliens.

9. Marcus de Molay

Marcus de Molay

Beta Tester
    United States
    Ratings:
    +497 / -7
    I like your enthusiasm! Ad Victoriam. Join our comms chat and I will give you more info on how to aide the Brotherhood. :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. GOLDENTRIANGLES

GOLDENTRIANGLES User

United States
    Ratings:
    +15 / -0
    I would like to join. I always have tended to gravitate towards energy weapons whenever I play fallout.

11. GOLDENTRIANGLES

GOLDENTRIANGLES User

United States
    Ratings:
    +15 / -0
    Fantastic!

12. GOLDENTRIANGLES

GOLDENTRIANGLES User

United States
    Ratings:
    +15 / -0
  13. GOLDENTRIANGLES

GOLDENTRIANGLES User

United States
    Ratings:
    +15 / -0
    Alright then I'll join, for now.

14. Vulpes Inculta

Vulpes Inculta

Beta Tester
    United States
    Ratings:
    +555 / -52
    BOS aren't so tough after a few EMP grenades render their armor ineffective.

15. Gamer_loxo1

Gamer_loxo1

Beta Tester The Auxilia Company
    United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +362 / -23
    of all the things you could of said is "your ass is grass" the most intimidating thing you could think of XD

16. Gamer_loxo1

Gamer_loxo1

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +362 / -23
    what BoS doesn't have gatling lasers? you're kind of famous for that. Oh right you got crippled by the NCR at helios one :p

17. Marcus de Molay

Marcus de Molay

Beta Tester
    United States
    Ratings:
    +497 / -7
    Clearly you don't know the faction that well. They definitely use both.

I've never made an enemy I wasn't prepared to deal with.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Gamer_loxo1

Gamer_loxo1

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +362 / -23
    Never made an enemy you wasn't prepared to deal with... correct me if I'm wrong but according to the lore you made an enemy with the NCR and suffered a crippling defeat against them at Helios 1... Definitely prepared to deal with them eh?

19. Marcus de Molay

Marcus de Molay

Beta Tester
    United States
    Ratings:
    +497 / -7
    I. Do your research on that battle.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Gamer_loxo1

Gamer_loxo1

United Kingdom