Stim weight.

Discussion in 'Suggestions Hub' started by Karmander, Mar 22, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
  1. Karmander

Karmander User

Sinister Sons MC
    Brazil
    Ratings:
    +25 / -5
    Well, i think you already know what i'm suggesting. As you all should know, PvP battles are nothing more than a Syria conflict, with GMGs here, Anabelles there, and Jesus Christ, the stims. Basically, of course you can use the melee weapon and rush towards the enemy after you run out of ammo, but basically the one who have more stims wins. And well, there are sadly some people who have absolutely no life (Not only Legion, if someone thinks it's an attack) that simply keeps farming stims the whole day while others are working. Result? 20k stims+. You could stay like Goku and Vegeta, fighting for days, and the one who have most stims would win. So what i have here is this suggestion: Make the stims weight 1 point. Only 1. So in example, if someome have full power armor, a gmg/anabelle, melee and a PvE gun, they would carry only 100 stims or even less. That should prevent people from spamming stims. Also, hardcore mode should be a nice addition, and gun sync as well. Imagine capturing a place with a friend, you capturing and your friend with a sniper rifle at the distance. Would be awesome, wouldn't it? Well, could be possible, i guess, but that's not the case now. It's easy to do, won't take time, and it will improve the NV-MP experience for everyone.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Karmander

Karmander User

Sinister Sons MC
    Brazil
    Ratings:
    +25 / -5
    Frigg i forgot the poll

3. Prime

Prime Well-Liked User

Contingency
    >5J7_a"g9x!9Pu#b)=^*wVUN?UbA$S$8?|_QZ6R6iPiwm31#`k
    Ratings:
    +172 / -16
    I posted this on the GitHub a while back. Check pinned messages in the Discord for a link there.

4. Karmander

Karmander User

Sinister Sons MC
    Brazil
    Ratings:
    +25 / -5
    Sure, and sorry for not checking this earlier. I was kinda tired atm i posted.

5. Vulpes Inculta

Vulpes Inculta

Beta Tester Caesar's Legion
    United States
    Ratings:
    +601 / -52
    I too like to think of the fights similar to a Dragonball Z fight (or any anime fight, for that matter)

Adding WG to stimpaks may be the solution in absence of hardcore mode. Managing inventory is still a skill.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Karmander

Karmander User

Sinister Sons MC
    Brazil
    Ratings:
    +25 / -5
    Hardcore mode would still be better, but if it can't be added to everyone...

7. dogo

dogo Gamemaster

Administrator Gamemaster Forum Moderator Forum Dweller Beta Tester White Glove Society
    Ratings:
    +277 / -21
    you bringin a fair point.

8. Vulpes Inculta

Vulpes Inculta

United States
    Ratings:
    +601 / -52
    I wonder if some people would opt out to simply hoard their stimpaks in exchange for being permanently over-encumbered.

9. Johnny Savage

Johnny Savage Banned User

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +186 / -55
    I, Decanus Daniel promote this idea

10. Prime

Prime Well-Liked User

Contingency
    Ratings:
    +172 / -16
    As I said, statistically having the stimpack weight set to 0.5 would be the most ideal, as that allows for simplistic mathematical calculation of exactly how many stins you can carry and also provides a hard limit of stims, while providing a soft limit of stims and gear. (Meaning the heavier weapons you carry, the less stims you can have.)

So, for an unlevelled person they can carry about 400 stims, assuming they aren't carrying any other items.

11. Karmander

Karmander User

Sinister Sons MC
    Brazil
    Ratings:
    +25 / -5
    Yeah, that would be good as well. But being 0.5 or 1, the focus here is making a weight to stimpaks. I proposed 1 because, well, 1 is easier to count.

12. Prime

Prime Well-Liked User

Contingency
    Ratings:
    +172 / -16
    However, setting weight to 1 will reduce the benefit of actually farming. I would like to leave a slight grind for those who are willing, as they will be rewarded. Having it set to 1 will mean you can only carry 200-250 stimpacks, assuming you have nothing else in your inventory. As most players do carry heavier armors, it is safe to assume about 50-100 of their weight is taken up by weapons/ammo, leaving those players with significantly less stimpacks.

I may write up a full list of weight changes though, because I don't like the weight system as it is.

13. Johnny Savage

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +186 / -55
    tru

14. Johnny Savage

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +186 / -55
    also no one would carry 250 stims

15. Johnny Savage

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +186 / -55
    the end goal is to make fights fair, yes? then having a weight of 1 will still have fights going on for quite a lot of minutes

16. Karmander

Karmander User

Sinister Sons MC
    Brazil
    Ratings:
    +25 / -5
    Not in nv-mp fights, where one step and they bomb you for 90 hours non-stop

17. Vulpes Inculta

Vulpes Inculta

United States
    Ratings:
    +601 / -52
    I would prefer stimpaks to .5 instead of 1.

Fights wouldn't last that long and for other reasons Alexander said.

1 is still fine though. The main idea is to severely limit stimpaks. I still want enough stimapks to manage because as I said earlier, managing inventory is a skill.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. DrowsyBore

DrowsyBore User

Finland
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +5 / -0
    This is a good idea as it would make fight to seem a bit fair, the grinding will still be there and as Vulpes said you will also have to manage the inventory better.
    The main problem will still be the explosives spam but this gives a better fighting chance against that and will balance things a little. As they won't be so willing to tank everything.
    To me sounds good whether it will be 0.5 or 1

19. guilhercrazy

guilhercrazy Well-Liked User

Brotherhood of Steel
    France
    Ratings:
    +136 / -6
    I like this idea especially cause it's a huge pvp balance that counters grind, and it is something easy to do. Like setting weight for the fatman and mercy and stuff.

tho i think 1 is better than .5 cause there would still people that would go like mostly naked full of stimpaks and 1 weapon, so the person might still carry like 500 stimpaks or something like this, and that's not cool, 100 stimpaks is okay for a good fight.

20. Vulpes Inculta

Vulpes Inculta

United States
    Ratings:
    +601 / -52
    The matter of 1 or .5 WG can be tested and tweaked as needed.

1 is still good, but I feel it's too heavy. The issue you bring up Guil is assuming the person doesn't use Quartz or Wep. Repair kits, which is vital IMHO for PVP.

.5 is a nice balance so one can manage Quartz, Wep. Repair Kits, Armor and weapons with a degree of depth.

100 stimpaks a fight sounds nice, but I feel as though 100 stimpaks doesn't mesh well with the fact it takes ~4 hours to grind up levels then another couple hours to farm your gear. I feel like you'd be dying too quick.

Personally, I wouldn't mind fighting people knowing they carry about 200-400 stimpaks.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018