NVMP STARTER GUIDE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Danny G, Jul 21, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
  1. Danny G

Danny G Well-Known User

Ratings:
    +72 / -5
    [​IMG]

Hello, and welcome to the ultimate NVMP starter guide! In this I will be going over how to make the most of your experience playing this game. I'll be explaining several things, such as PVP, chat commands, factions, sync, etc.
    I'll also answer any questions/replies to the best of my ability.

[​IMG]
    Upon running the client and joining in to the server, you'll find yourself just outside of Primm. First thing you'll want to do is press Enter to start typing in the chatbox. You'll want to type in '/goodsprings' (without quotes) This will bring you straight to the game's main hub, Goodsprings. Don't bother trying to attack other players here, as you are given invulnerability here.

After looking around, head up to Doc Mitchell's house, the large house with the Nevada flag on the hill. Head on in, and walk in the doorway to your right. On your right, again, search the broken metal shelf. There should be:
    • 3 Stimpaks
    • 1 Antivenom
    • 1 Rad-X
    In the metal Gun Case at the bottom, you should find:
    • 1 Laser Pistol
    • 30-40 Energy Cells
    • 5-10 Drained Energy Cells
    Head on forward and look at the end of the bed. You'll find:
    • 1 Doctor Bag
    Nearby is a metal cart, and on it there will be:
    • 1 Med-X
    • 1 Blood Pack
    Also, if you have 25 Science and/or 25 Repair, you can fix a broken 9mm submachine gun or make some stimpaks at the chemistry set.

Head through the door in to the living room then go down the hallway with more shelves. Here you will find 2 medkits containing assorted medical goods, and an ammo box with assorted ammo. Don't bother taking the knife on the footlocker, as you spawn in with one.

That's about all that's worth mentioning here- head back down the hallway you entered in, take the fedora if you want, and head outside.

Now, go down the street to your right as you exit your house, and enter the red Goodsprings Schoolhouse. Careful! Several manti have made their home here. Dispatch of them using either your knife or pistol, then head over in to the corner with the computer. Take the Programmer's Digest from the counter beside the footlocker. If you don't have a Science of 25, read the magazine you just picked up and hack the terminal. Or, alternatively, with a lockpick of 25 you can pick the safe itself.

Once you've hacked in to the terminal, unlock the safe and collect the goodies inside. You should find assorted low-level loot, such as ammo, caps, chems, and weapons. There's also guaranteed to be a Stealth Boy in there. Once you've looted the safe, head back outside.

That's all the notable loot in Goodsprings. If you find anything else around town that you don't need, head to the General Store and trade with Chet. You're now armed and dangerous, and almost ready to set out!

[​IMG]
    There are several useful chat commands in NV:MP, and are:
    • /goodsprings - Teleports you to Goodsprings instantly.
    • /me - Used to show an action. Makes your text blue. Example: 'Speshal Solomon uses /w'
    • /gms - Lists all online Gamemasters, AKA admins/moderators.
    • /reload - Reloads the cell, syncing you with other players. Helpful if you cannot see anyone.
    • /startcapture - If you're a Scout or Officer in a group, you can use this when inside any capturable area to claim it.
    • /reset - Completely wipes your character and respawns you.
    • /f <message> - Sends your message to members of your faction only.
    • /players - Lists all online players ingame.
    • /save - Saves your location, items, stats and character.
    • /w <player> <message> - Sends your message to the dedicated player only.
    • /tpevent - If there is an event going on, this will TP you there.
    • /setfactionspawn - If you are the leader of a group and own an area, you can use this to set that as your faction's spawnpoint.
    • /help - Lists all commands.
    [​IMG]
    Sync, standing for Synchronization, is what makes it so you can see other players. Sometimes you won't be synced with the cell, so you can type /reload in the chat to be able to. NPCs and Items are Clientside, meaning they're unique to everybody. What you find in a container, someone else probably won't. Same for NPCs- if an enemy is attacking you, other people won't be able to see it.

[​IMG]
    With all of this information, you should now be ready to take on NV:MP! Loot other places, join a faction, et cetera... Thank you for reading, and good luck on your adventures through the Mojave!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Red1995

Red1995

Forum Dweller Beta Tester
    Ratings:
    +559 / -16
    Do we really need two of these?

3. AC_GLINT

AC_GLINT Well-Known User

Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +96 / -17
    :mad:
    upload_2017-7-21_18-35-38.png
    You think this is a joke? I'm currently contacting the proper authorities and taking you to court to sue you.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Admiral Dazed

Admiral Dazed Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    I'm sorry, AC... But Solomon wins this round. He has the superior guide.

Insert one coin to try again.

But naw, in all reality, both of your guides are nice and although I'm not sure we needed two, It's appreciated anyway. (By me, at least)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jakyocaw

Jakyocaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    • /save - Saves your location, items, stats and character.

Seems it only saves your location, items, and characters. when relogging/crashing even if you save before all stats get put back to 15. Is that normal?

6. AC_GLINT

AC_GLINT Well-Known User

Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +96 / -17
  7. Jakyocaw

Jakyocaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    the only part on saving i saw from your guide was about not losing items recently picked up, which is useful, though i still don't know how to not get my stats reset when relogging even if i /save or if i even /save then crash a couple minutes later

8. AC_GLINT

AC_GLINT Well-Known User

Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +96 / -17
    I can't believed i missed that highly annoying thing too, thank you for reminding me