How to play?!?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NotPlinnix, Jul 23, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
  1. NotPlinnix

NotPlinnix New User

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    So, I downloaded the NV:MP.exe " Downloader."
    But where do I actually find the game?
    When I try to play it again, I can't find it.

2. Daedalus

Daedalus Recognised User | Level 6

The Circle of Steel
    some bunker or another. Too much sand to tell.
    Ratings:
    +497 / -2
    Try searching New Vegas Multiplayer up in you search-bar at the bottom left. You must use this to play NV: MP.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Prime

Prime Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    To launch NV-MP, you have to launch the executable located in your standard Fallout New Vegas install directory. (Steamapps/common/falloutnewvegas).
    Launch Client.exe. If that does not launch, launch NV-MP.exe. If you don't have either of those, run NV-MP.exe (The Downloader).

I recommend making a shortcut or pinning it to your start menu, as going into all the Steam files every time gets tedious.
    https://nv-mp.com/forum/index.php?threads/superguide-to-nv-mp.2501/

You can also customize the chat with some of the information in my guide above.
    Hope to see you in the Mojave!

(Also join the Discord.)

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Mistor Love

Mistor Love User

Talon Company
    Ratings:
    +42 / -4
    Alright this is going to sound stupid, But do you actually have fallout nv, like the base game?

bcus you kinda need that

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. Mistor Love

Mistor Love User

Talon Company
    Ratings:
    +42 / -4
    I dont see why that post was rated "Dumb" @Prime. I was making an honest point. some users actually believe they don't require the base game.

6. Prime

Prime Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    I've been providing technical support on NV-MP for over a year now, and I have never encountered a single person who didn't know that to use a mod, you need the game. I will call the post how it is, if you don't like it don't make stupid posts. Most people who try modding a game know they need the game before they start modding it.

(If you would like to pointlessly argue with me about my rating policy, however, feel free to DM me on Discord or on the site directly. It won't change anything, but whatever makes you feel better, I guess.)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2018
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Mistor Love

Mistor Love User

Talon Company
    Ratings:
    +42 / -4
    > I have been providing technical support for over a year now
    I provide technical support as a job. ( a job i offer to do for free but a job none the less, its more for the experience ) you would be surprised how many people ask why their plugins or mods do not work without the base version of said item. thats why I noted if they actually have the base item. believe it or not i'm not implying this person is stupid, however what I am implying is some people are stupid and dont understand they need the base version for it to work. also, on a side note.

yeet.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    • Dumb Dumb x 1