How to install NVMP for dummies.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AC_GLINT, Sep 4, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
?

Did you find this guide helpful?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. A bit

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. No

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. AC_GLINT

AC_GLINT Well-Known User

Anatolia Corp
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +96 / -16
    Alright you dummies lets get this mod installed, do you know what a mod is? It's something that modifies something, something in particular maybe a game perhaps? Do you know what you are modifying? That's right the game that the mod was made for which is oh jeez i duno is it Fallout New Vegas?

Now if you are modifying a game what is it modifying? is it the game's data? is it your browser? is it your system32? Oh maybe its the game since it's a mod for a game. So where is that data? Well if you downloaded it with Steam it might be in your Steam folder.
    upload_2017-9-4_8-51-23.png

With this knowledge you can apply it to any other game you wish to mod.

Well is that simple enough for you dummy?

If the task of installing a mod confuses you please contact your nearest Parental Guardian such as your Mother or Father to help you with this step.

At the top of the page there is a button that says download, here is an image to help.
    upload_2017-9-4_7-40-44.png

Here have a link too if you are too much of a dummy to find it https://nv-mp.com/download.php
    Psst with your mouse which should have a scroll wheel on it you should press the scroll wheel down when your mouse is on the link because it will open a new tab for that link.

NOW READ not skip ahead and download straight away, you are going to READ the RULES and the INSTALLATION beforehand because i am sure one of you dummies is playing with a pirated copy because "Oooo $2.50 for a game on a Steam sale is too expensive for me i live in a cardboard box outside McDonalds" so get outa hea you damn pirate until you buy the game from Steam.

In the case that you are not a pirate but bought the game from GOG or where ever that isn't Steam, too bad it has to be Steam and only Steam so tough luck and please refer to the above quote again if that is too much trouble for you.

Also since it is not mentioned in the INSTALLATION part, the game needs to be installed in the C Drive, the C DRIVE not the D Drive not the E Drive not your damn External Drive your C DRIVE.

upload_2017-9-4_8-0-2.png
    Now this is where things get interesting, you download the installer which installs the mod which modifies which game? Oh right Fallout New Vegas, do you know where that is installed? The C DRIVE and what did you install the game with? Steam? Good now run the installer.

upload_2017-9-4_8-2-47.png

Holy heck what do we do? There is 2 buttons to press and here's a hint it isn't the red X at the top right. If you chose the correct button a small box will appear and then the entire thing closes down. Wow super hard wasn't it. Congratulations you have installed the mod!

Heck almighty what just happened? another window opened with a single sever in it. Better just go and hit join right? No you dummy you have to SIGN in.
    upload_2017-9-4_8-16-23.png

Do you know what an ACCOUNT is? it's an ACCOUNT for a system which saves stuff you do and lets you do things such as SIGN in which you need to do to play the mod.

If you already got an account sign in, if not press register, why the hell am i telling you how to do this? oh right you are a dummy you do dumb things."Ooo i didn't read the guide properly i can't play the mod your guide sucks"

Once you press either of those buttons a window like this should pop up.
    upload_2017-9-4_8-24-36.png

In the case that this window does not open did you get all the requirements when i told you to READ the INSTALLATION?

If this problem still continues try turning off your antivirus temporarily http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+do+i+turn+off+antivrus?
    and if that doesn't help i duno stop using your toaster and get a real computer made for gaming.

Wow look at that you SIGNED in just like i said how to. Don't forget to thank whom'st've helped you. And me since i made this guide for you dummy.
    upload_2017-9-4_8-32-52.png
    Clicc that join button, here is an image in case you can't find it.
    upload_2017-9-4_8-37-34.png

DONT TOUCH A THING, you will join automatically just wait a few seconds. that means don't press continue or new or load or any other button.
    upload_2017-9-4_8-38-45.png

Congratulations you are now in Multiplayer.
    upload_2017-9-4_8-59-9.png
    Follow this handy guide i made my self to get you're self started off if you duno what to do https://nv-mp.com/forum/index.php?threads/ac_glints-happy-little-starter-guide.2017/

If none of this worked go to the https://nv-mp.com/forum/index.php?forums/bug-reports.7/ for help

Crash enough times within a certain time period, lose hope and stop playing this mod altogether in a day.

2. DuckWaffleYT

DuckWaffleYT Well-Liked User

Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +88 / -1
    Watch out, you got commies in front of you.

3. DeusExMachina

DeusExMachina New User

Eastern Oregon (That desert place above Nevada)
    Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Alright so, dose it just have to be in the C drive? or dose it require a specific file path i.e. (drive):\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common? because I have all my games (and steam itself) on my other hard drive (not C). I can have steam install FONV on my C dirve but it would be C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout New Vegas (a different file path).
    I did make it install on my C drive but the NVMP launcher could not find FONV. When I had FONV installed on my other hard drive it did see it but NVMP still wouldn't launch. Not exactly sure what to do at this point. It would be nice if I could tell the NVMP launcher where FONV is located.

4. Mystique

Mystique

Forum Dweller NCR
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +544 / -22
    Just put the NVMP files in the same folder as your FNV. If you can't find NVMP then it has probably installed in the default location.

Default location
    C:\Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/common/Fallout New Vegas

5. DeusExMachina

DeusExMachina New User

Eastern Oregon (That desert place above Nevada)
    Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Yeah I already figured it out already, the NVMP installer will go-to where ever you have FONV installed. It seems like you will have to restart your computer every time you re direct the file paths but it works.