Have the game server turn off, to prevent people from dying

Discussion in 'Suggestions Hub' started by Rockyroad, Apr 22, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
?

Do you support a server shutdown so people dont lost their hard earned gear

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    63.2%
  1. Rockyroad

Rockyroad New User

Brewer's Bootlegging
    Ratings:
    +0 / -1
    When the server gets to around 12 midnight (British time) it makes everyone thirsty to the point of death, why not have the server shut down for 10 mins around the times, so people wont die for no fault of their own

2. Prime

Prime Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    That is midday for me, and it also only lasts for one minute. Log off or go to a safezone for one minute, as it is easier in my opinion.

3. Daedalus

Daedalus Recognised User | Level 6

The Circle of Steel
    some bunker or another. Too much sand to tell.
    Ratings:
    +502 / -2
    The dehydration bug only lasts for 2 minutes, from 23:58 to 00:00. It'd take less effort to just /Goodsprings. Though, an in-game server announcement in chat at the time of 23:40 GMT +1 every night, wouldn't be a bad idea.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Johnny Savage

Johnny Savage Banned User

Ratings:
    +182 / -55
    it would be nice if they could script something or do a thing where for 2 mins at that time your character goes invulnerable, I don't think this would be a issue for fights, if anything it would give intermission but this was a idea for new players who might not be so familiar with the game and die

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. Mystique

Mystique

Forum Dweller NCR
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +541 / -22
    That wouldn't be good for fights; it would allow people to run away and/or heal up in that time. I think they should add a server announcement at23:58 to 00:00 like @Daedalus suggested

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Johnny Savage

Ratings:
    +182 / -55
    I mean for starters, it is only two mins and if they had any decency they wouldn't run and if they were capping they couldn't leave, I doubt there would be many fights that happen in the middle of the two mins, even at that I do see points against my suggestion, I can see folk planning to cap during it even tho that would not allow them to cap it fully before it is taken away, I could also be made shunned apon by other players, like how it is scummy to shoot before HKing

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Mystique

Mystique

Forum Dweller NCR
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +541 / -22
    I understand what you are saying, however, I was not talking about capping locations because as you say they would not be able to cap the location completely. My concern lies with people mid-combat. As I said previously, I feel that people would this time to heal up or run away

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Prime

Prime Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Adding invulnerability periods introduces the potential for inconsistency or an error in code, and would require hardcoded contingencies in the event of things Jak may not forsee. For example, what would happen if someone is disconnected while invulnerable? Since the invulnerability isn't applied over an area, would it stay?

What if they leave Goodsprings, and how would it effect existing safezones?

Would you apply it as a one time effect at a certain time, or loop the function? If it's a one time, would you do a time check on login? Anything else would result in certain players having invulnerability while others do not.

In the end, what should be done is have time pass normally (on the completion of 24:00:00, it continues. This means vendors would reset with server time. I am not sure how sleeping would affect this, though, so we would have to think about this implications.)
    That way, the server isn't looping a single time. This would mean there would be a synchronized server clock that manages date and time globally and should establish a framework for NVMP and NVMP associated mods to coordinate with the server clock and create time sensitive events, quests, etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Daedalus

Daedalus Recognised User | Level 6

The Circle of Steel
    some bunker or another. Too much sand to tell.
    Ratings:
    +502 / -2
    So it happened earlier this time around, 23:55 GMT +1 until 00:00, two people died due to it. Wonder how early it can start.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mystique

Mystique

Forum Dweller NCR
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +541 / -22
    I agree with you on some level because what you are saying makes sense and is true but you must remember that Jak isn't the lead developer on this project anymore and the rest of the dev team have either left or are simply inactive so I think you are asking a lot of a person who has a job and things to do besides NVMP. It would have been nice for this to be have been play tested though to, hopefully, avoid the bugs that we are currently having right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Johnny Savage

Ratings:
    +182 / -55
    Boyo jak is retired and gil is kinda here, tbh it aint much of a issue as HC mode as so many positives and only one tiny negative, two people died but the gains from HC mode are great in comparison to two deaths, trust me, no one will want to go back to the old NV MP

12. Johnny Savage

Ratings:
    +182 / -55
    idk about many more, yesterday two folk died accordin to Daedalus, who is a trusted source, if there is some kind of genocide then there might need to be change, I think for noobs there could be a announcement at that time saying "ATENTION. PLEASE GO TO A SAFE ZONE, GOODSPRINGS OR NOVAC, IF YOU ARE TOO FAR AWAY. TYPE /GOODSPRINGS INTO THE CHAT, IT IS THE ENTER KEY TO OPEN THE CHATBOX, THERE IS A BUG GOING ABOUT WHERE YOU WILL GAIN SERIOUS AND LETHAL AMOUNTS OF DE HYDRATION!

• Agree Agree x 1