Gun Skill book - Make weightless

Discussion in 'Suggestions Hub' started by Daedalus, Jul 28, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daedalus

Daedalus Recognised User | Level 6

The Circle of Steel
    some bunker or another. Too much sand to tell.
    Ratings:
    +502 / -2
    Simply suggesting that the Gun Skill book be made weightless until the decision is made to fix the gun skill itself. So that we can use guns properly since just using steady doesn't cut it. I also believe the weapon skill effects the damage and not just the accuracy? Could be wrong.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Elder Raynor

Elder Raynor

Patreon Supporter Beta Tester Brotherhood of Steel
    Ratings:
    +236 / -25
    Those skill books don't stack. With guns 29 or 30 (if people don't mind having luck 10) you meet the requirements for weapons that are not really worth using on pvp, like 10mm pistol, .45 pistol, C repeater. Until guns skill is fixed Riot Shotgun or AMR will remain on the wish list.

3. Daedalus

The Circle of Steel
    Ratings:
    +502 / -2
    Raynor, I've just recently tested them, they do stack. It's the magazines that don't stack. The only reason I suggest making the books weightless is that they do. Grab a few books from books from Nevada Highway Patrol station below Mojave outpost and try it, you'll see.

4. Elder Raynor

Elder Raynor

Ratings:
    +236 / -25
    ha, ok, so its the +2 skill you referring to. That's not much productive considering we would have to carry few hundreds of those and probably use upon relog. There still a problem with it, we need one bugged skill to skip the leveling up screen otherwise we are going to get stuck and be forced to log out to finish leveling, which risks bugging the character. Isn't just better to fix the guns skill in the first place? Both tasks have a similar degree of effort.

5. Daedalus

The Circle of Steel
    Ratings:
    +502 / -2
    Not sure how you had the book confused with the magazine considering the title of this thread, nevertheless you wouldn't need to use a few hundred. You could go with using a few less provided you wear some apparel available in the game, also.
    Ignoring my suggestion of making these books weightless, multiple people have already tried and tested using just enough books to give them 100 gun skill and haven't reported any bugs. Most times they're used, it just grants you the gun skill until you crash, then you must use a fresh set of books to raise your skill to 100 once more.

As it stands you can get your gun skill naturally to 27, with max agility and luck. Then you can raise it 10 additional points through the use of apparel you can get in the game, raising it to 37. Only need 31 books to raise your skill to 100. Problem is that's 62 lbs to get to 100 gun skill once, though it's not that difficult to get those books.
    I've seen people do this and experience no bugs, so why disagree with this? It's not like gun skill is going to get fixed any time soon and people keep asking and asking for it to be fixed. Changing the weight doesn't seem to be much effort for the staff, who's already changed the weight of two items off of the top of my head (Mercy, Fatman).

6. Elder Raynor

Elder Raynor

Ratings:
    +236 / -25
    Because in my opinion the idea is counter productive. The staff would spend the same time to change one or two entries of a script line to fix the problem or load geck files to edit an entity. Fixing the skill itself is more beneficial because it lacks any leveling side effect created by tweaking with the books. Since the devs time is restricted i guess we should not go for a palliative fix.

7. Daedalus

The Circle of Steel
    Ratings:
    +502 / -2
    Changes/fixes aren't happening in much frequency anyhow. It would take a little less effort to decrease the weight of one item as opposed to fixing the larger issue which is the broken gun skill.
    Considering that a majority of changes have been nerf's to weapons by changing their fire-rate, weight or fixing bugs pertaining to weapons such as the old reload bug. Changing/fixing weapon/item stats and bugs are clearly not counter-productive if that's what they're doing with the majority of their fixes anyhow, as opposed to fixing stability, NPC's, Quests, Skills, bugs, terrain bugs etc.

8. dogo

dogo Gamemaster

Administrator Gamemaster Forum Moderator Forum Dweller Beta Tester
    Ratings:
    +318 / -26
    Thanks for the suggestion, I will close the thread since the idea is here and there is no need for further arguments. Both side of the medal is shown and it is appreciated. Thank you for the feedback

• Winner Winner x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.