Guide to SSHQ

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mystique, Jul 14, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mystique

Mystique

Forum Dweller NCR
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +541 / -22
    How to get to Sunset Sarsparilla Headquarters (SSHQ)
    This thread is aimed at players who haven't been told about how to level up to match their opponents in combat.

Step 1:
    Take the following route to the SSHQ.

Info:
    This is the safest way to get there but bare in mind that you may have to battle Fiends in a derelict building if you are not careful. The Fiends carry pool cues and a Laser RCW. You can avoid them by hugging the cliff or you can even run past them if you are fast enough but this may result in you losing a lot of HP or even dying.

There is another route to SSHQ but it is a lot more treacherous and will even put the experienced player through their paces. It contains Deathclaws, super mutants and even a boulder! The route I am talking about is going to the left of Jean Skydiving and going past Sloan. The boulder is to the right of Sloan and on the road going up to Black mountain. You will know you are there when you see a dead NCR soldier.
    [​IMG]
    Step 2:
    Go inside SSHQ and take the door to the right as shown below.

Info:
    This is a safe zone so you no longer have to worry about getting killed by players or enemies.
    [​IMG]
    Step 3:
    Go through the door and walk across the hall, you will find this door on the other side. Go through it.
    [​IMG]
    Step 4:

Go through that door and head upstairs using the collapsed ceiling as the stairs to get to the next level.
    [​IMG]
    Step 5
    Go out the door and immediately go left.
    [​IMG]
    Step 6:

Go down the hall all the way to the bottom.
    [​IMG]
    Step 7:
    Go down through the collapsed ceiling.
    [​IMG]
    Step 8:
    Go through the double doors.
    [​IMG]
    Step 9:
    Go to the corner of the room and pick up the Holotape.

Info:
    The Holotape will award the player 1,500xp upon being picked up. Now, quit the game and wait a few seconds, then join again and pick up the Holotape. Also, don't forget to open the crates and collect all the caps from them (You get 1500 - 2000 caps each time you re-log).
    [​IMG]
    Choose your level up points and skills carefully
    The only perk that works in NVMP is Intense Training. Intense Training allows the player to input an extra point into any S.P.E.C.I.A.L (Strength, Perception, Endurance, Charisma, Intelligence, Agility, Luck) attribute.

Side note:
    • Do not put 10 points into Luck as that will reset your level, leave it at 9.
    • All skills work except guns.
    • Endurance doesn't work.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. The Pony Lover

The Pony Lover

Beta Tester
    Ratings:
    +469 / -6
    Nice guide!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. Mystique

Mystique

Forum Dweller NCR
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +541 / -22
    No where near finished but thanks

4. Breezy

Breezy Well-Liked User

NCR
    Ratings:
    +111 / -0
    Seems like this could help many new players :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Cool Cool x 1
  5. dogo

dogo Gamemaster

Administrator Gamemaster Forum Moderator Forum Dweller Beta Tester
    Ratings:
    +314 / -22
    Please vote on the content and not the person or how they answered to you. Look at the content and forget who posted it.

On another note, this is a good guide for newcomers that want to match older players rank. Keep at it!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. The Pony Lover

The Pony Lover

Beta Tester
    Ratings:
    +469 / -6
    That was nice of you, dog. People don't need to be shitting on someone who is just being helpful.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Mystique

Mystique

Forum Dweller NCR
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +541 / -22
    Change Log:
    • Added Super Stimpacks and Pinyon nuts.
    • Changed around a few headers and text.

8. Breezy

Breezy Well-Liked User

NCR
    Ratings:
    +111 / -0
    You should add the differences between special types of ammo such as the MF Cell Max Charge etc. Like show the difference of damage between both normal ammo and the upgraded one in PVP and how they can be created

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Prime

Prime Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Some criticism on how you can improve it. Maybe that way, it won't look so much like you are copy and pasting information off of the wiki.
    :wink:

(In all seriousness, though, someone needs to call out the blatant like farming at some point. Before you make a guide on how to start out, maybe you should play NV-MP.)

- This doesn't explain the actual danger of this route, such as deathclaws, fire geckos and difficult-to-avoid fiends in these areas and does not actually prepare a new player for this journey. Quite literally, sending the player to their death.

- Doesn't note the danger(s) of actually getting to RepConn HQ. (Fire ants and Fiends.)

- Doesn't inform new players how to farm these resources whatsoever. Quite literally telling them where to get them, then leaving them on their own.

- Super Stimpacks are incredibly bad for new players to be using in PvP and is outright misinforming them. Stimpacks, overall, are just better and don't debuff you or give you chem addiction popups in combat (which can potentially get you banned.)

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. Mystique

Mystique

Forum Dweller NCR
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +541 / -22
    I'll add this in.
    Thanks for your actual help this time lol. I added my source to everything taken from the site btw so it's not like i'm claiming it as my own

The route I selected is different from the one you're thinking about. You are thinking about going past Sloan whereas the route shown goes past Bonnie Springs. I choose this route to avoid exactly what you are describing.

I will heed your advice and add in the enemies. I didn't think it necessary at the time because they are avoidable but I'll explain how to avoid them too.

I previously explained how to farm when I was explaining the Holotape and where to get it in step 9.

I'll remove super stims

11. Prime

Prime Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0

I did offer my help previously. You took it as an insult and an insinuation that you were stealing my guide.
    I already had compiled information that you were free to use, but that bridge was burned.

The best I can do is keep you from killing and misleading new players.

12. Daedalus

Daedalus Recognised User | Level 6

The Circle of Steel
    some bunker or another. Too much sand to tell.
    Ratings:
    +497 / -2
    Can't we just be happy she's trying to help?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Red1995

Red1995

Forum Dweller Beta Tester
    Ratings:
    +555 / -16
    To be fair, Prime has already made a starter guide. This feels kind of unnecessary.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Daedalus

Daedalus Recognised User | Level 6

The Circle of Steel
    some bunker or another. Too much sand to tell.
    Ratings:
    +497 / -2
    I mean none of this is really necessary, they could just let the new people scramble about on their own with no help. So long as their guides help in different ways its a boon.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Prime

Prime Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    What he is doing is trying to farm likes off of a guide. He's never actually played NV-MP before, as is evidenced by making a basic mistake with his resolution settings. This is why I offered some creative criticism, that way he isn't outright misleading new players as he knows very little about how people actually play NV-MP.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. BigEmpty

BigEmpty Well-Liked User

NCR
    Ratings:
    +88 / -0
    I respect a guide if it's well done. And don't get me wrong, I can give solemn appraise for the effort. However posting an unfinished guide with little attachment to your own experience can be misleading. In the NCR we usually bounce this stuff off of each other for critiques and insight. Which is pretty handy if to make sure information is correct. And is something I would've recommended Mystique had done beforehand. Nonetheless that's not the reality of the situation.

So the problem with telling people to get water (and pinyon nuts). Is that there's functionally no use, when they're pretty redundant. Which of course is because your dehydration, hunger and sleep meter resets ever relog. Honestly stimpacks are still all they really need. Of course, it would be handy to have during PVP. Yet as long as you're not doing anything for three hours straight then you'll never really need water. This case is pretty prevalent when a lot of the farming in-game requires relogging. So there's no a lot of times where you'll ever need to fix it.

• Informative Informative x 2
  17. Mystique

Mystique

Forum Dweller NCR
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +541 / -22
    These are some screenshots of me playing before the wipe. I have played after but it is only 4.5 hours tbf.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Today
    [​IMG]

Check out this game-time when I used LexiASamur:
    [​IMG]

• It is true as of late I have a lot less game time on NVMP but I have spent a very long time playing NVMP and many people can attest to that. The reason it has declined as of late is because I have largely lost my passion for it (I won't expand on this unless you want me to).
    • About the time when I had a problem with NVMP... I have never had a problem with my game being fullscreen before but when it did start to play up I decided it best to just play it in windowed however much I disliked doing so. It was basic troubleshooting and it worked, I don't really see why you would bring this up.
    Here me out on this before you read the first sentence and just immediately stop reading.
    • I have not created this for likes. I have created this with the intention of helping new players who feel outmatched by the more experienced players. What prompted me to create this was someone who was unsure of how to get to the Holotape in SSHQ. I walked them through it but then thought to myself that it would be a lot easier to create a short guide for them. The original idea was just to create a guide on how to get to SSHQ but as I went on, I started to get into the idea of just adding more and more to it to the point where I wanted to create a starter guide. Obviously, I have failed. I shall delete the starter guide part of this and will revert it to it's earlier state of being a guide to SSHQ which was my original intention. Sorry to cause so much annoyance.
    Personal side note: I am sorry I assumed the incorrect thing when you were trying to help. I hope we can work this out when you are free because I don't dislike you and I really want to try again at being friends.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. BigEmpty

BigEmpty Well-Liked User

NCR
    Ratings:
    +88 / -0
    So was the aim of this thread changed?

19. Mystique

Mystique

Forum Dweller NCR