Game Balancing / Fixes

Discussion in 'Suggestions Hub' started by Estmund, Jun 29, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
?

Do yall agree with the points made in this thread?

1. yes

9 vote(s)
    81.8%
  2. no

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. additional changes should be made (reply to thread and add your thoughts)

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. Estmund

Estmund New User

Brotherhood of Steel
    United States
    Ratings:
    +4 / -1
    (REVISED)

I haven't seen any new posts so i feel like little actual work will be done any time soon but want to bring back some topics.

Guns: it should be a skill that we can level and the fact it doesn't if very limiting.
    it should level along with the other skills, it hurts potential role play as everyone runs around with energy weapons and explosive weaponry.
    -Guns are plentiful but since the highest skill you can get is about 20 its like hitting a brick wall with damage output.
    -For factions that use guns, NCR for example are really hurt by the lack of ability to use firearms, i see alot of them run around with energy weapons

(Guns skill should be saved)

Explosives: I believe these specifically should be nerfed or removed as everyone runs around with missile launchers and such so in pvp situations you get merked before you get a shot off.
    -Removal of all missile launchers, fatmans, grenade machine guns due to them being unfairly leveled and regular abuse (grenade launcher and grenade rifle can stay due to fewer shot capability and slow reload.)

(No changes as of yet)

Armors: Enclave power armor should be re-added or lower the DT to the same of that as T51 but lower the durability of T51b to match that of the Enclave power armor

(Re add Enclave armors but either lower the DT to that of T51b or lower the durability of T51b)

Teleportation: remove fast travel only giving two commands of /goodsprings and /novac

(Teleportation to Goodsprings and Novac as they are the two most prominent towns)

Perks or Weight: Changes by artificially modifying the weight of missiles. mini nukes. hand grenades and their variants to make them weigh more and have less of them to be carried.

(make Explosive type ammo/throwables weigh more to reduce the number that can be carried)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Mystique

Mystique

Forum Dweller NCR
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +522 / -22
    Key:
    Queries/please explain further are this colour
    Likes/agrees are this colour

Teleportation
    I don't like the idea of having more teleportation zones. In my personal opinion, it makes it too easy to almost teleport on top of zones that are being captured. I think the system we have now needs to be improved but not by adding more of the problem. I think all safe zones should be gotten rid of except for Goodsprings.

Enclave Armour
    I think re-adding the Enclave armour is a good idea but I don't think nerfing it is necessary because of the HP advantage the T-51 has over it.

Weight
    I like that ammo and health items have weight because it stops people having 10,000 missiles and stimpacks and being a huge contributing factor to massive length of the old firefights so I don't agree with your idea of adding the Rat Pack perk or reducing the weight of items.

Enclave Officer Uniform
    I really like the idea of re-adding this because this is a huge reason why a lot of people don't join the Enclave. People want to feel like a member and it is really hard to feel like a part of it when you can't even have the uniform to represent yourself and your faction.

Explosives
    Explosive weapons are always going to be OP but I think that it would definitely make other weapons more viable to use if the explosive perk was slightly nerfed.

Guns
    I like this idea because, as it stands, people only have guns like the service rifle for RP reasons as they aren't very effective in a firefight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Kazuo

Kazuo New User

The Enclave
    Brazil
    Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Disagree on teleportation.

Agree on the rest.

4. Estmund

Estmund New User

Brotherhood of Steel
    United States
    Ratings:
    +4 / -1

I was saying the modification of the missile/ grenades/ mini nuke to make them heavier (should have cleared that up) Health items should possibly have weight added to them so maybe .5wg per stim?

Explosives i hope to see nerfed or removed due to the op abuse with anabelles and Grenade machine guns, removal seems like a good option leaving the grenade rifle and the pumpaction launcher for us to use.

Enclave armor isnt even op but if they "nerf" if then they might wanna put it back in the game.

Fast travel will be nice but lets say only goodsprings and novac as the most "prominent" towns and both being on either side of the mountains it wont make travel all that much quicker but wouldnt hurt.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Mystique

Mystique

Forum Dweller NCR
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +522 / -22
    Changed vote to yes as these extra points make sense and I agree with everything now.

6. BigEmpty

BigEmpty Well-Liked User

NCR
    United States
    Ratings:
    +74 / -0

The Anti-Material Rifle doesn't work because the Gun Skill is broken. Op weapons have always been nerfed, (Fat-Man, Avenger, ETC). I believe it'd be unfair if we were given a unique variant of a gun. (I did ask for our faction kit to have The Unique Battle Rifle). So I wouldn't expect Devs to give out unique guns. Added they ask for guns in the kits to be 'similar to a 9mm'. Though having unique guns would just force people to either kill us or join us. However I can see the application. But I will say we don't use guns ;). However as for explosives, the only reason it works as a meta is because of the weight to damage ratio the ammo and weapon does. Normally a lot of guns in the game would be an effective counter. But due to the skill being broken, and the Energy weapons being unpopular, it kind of leaves you with only explosives. Plus with a low Gun Skill your effectively hip-firing the entire time. And the spray pattern of Guns is horrid. So really, having the Gun Skill fixed (Which if I remember effectively just takes them changing the name of the skill since the name of the skill is from Fo3) would really diversify things. Especially given that the ammo types for guns is a lot more effective against High-DT armors. But all in all I do agree with the first and second sections.

Armor isn't necessarily a big problem in my eyes due to a large key ingredient. High-DT armors while having a higher health pool, when broken effectively have a lower DT to weight ratio. Making them effectively garbage when used in PVP. Because we use Explosive weapons most of the time. Our armors tend to break in long term combat. So people use the highest-DT armor to the lowest weight ratio. While giving people more options would be nice. There's no real reason to try and balance armors around things like Power-Armor and Combat armor per say. Especially given how easy it is to counter them. Power-Armor just get pulse gunned, and Heavy armors (CMBT Armor and MK II ETC) would normally be trashed by AP Rounds from guns. Which was generally their explicit purpose. And, might I add AP rounds can go through about 10-30 DT given the caliber of the round and weapon. However like I said beforehand, a lot of the current meta stems from the lacking of things that work hand in hand like that. It is quite easy to grab a All Purpose, a Fat man and some mini nukes. However it is much harder to grab a thousand 5.56 AP rounds and an All-American. However I still do agree with the core message. Honestly I think you would probably die before DT becomes important. Because like you said, people just spam explosives really.

However teleportation I still disagree with. It demeans the value of running around the Mojave. And makes capping things much easier. Usually the problem with defending caps is the distance you are from it. So it becomes more Counter-Intl to know the movements of your enemy. Squad like stuff and it adds an element of surprise and reconnaissance to the game. However, for my example I'll use Boulder city. If everyone tends to hang on the left side of the map. What's the point of caring about how long the cap is if you can just teleport real close to it?

I agree with the weight stuff though. Always thought it was kinda limiting while still fair.

7. Breezy

Breezy Well-Liked User

NCR
    United States
    Ratings:
    +110 / -0
    I disagree with the teleportation aspect. Having the ability to teleport to locations can mess up factions while they are attempting to capture a location. Like how you listed the Mojave Outpost, if the legion were to begin capturing it, us at the NCR would easily be able to teleport there and defend it, which would make it unfair for the legion members. Later on this would probably cause conflict from people wanting it to be removed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Mystique

Mystique

Forum Dweller NCR
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +522 / -22
    Guys, Estmund already addressed most of the things you are mentioning here:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ranger Pariah

Ranger Pariah User

Talon Company
    France
    Ratings:
    +16 / -0
    Teleportaion: As far as vanilla fast travel teleportation goes, I feel that it should be disabled. Only retaining the /goodsprings command.
    I also feel that there should be an equivalent command for /novac.

Guns: As far as guns skills, allow for that skill to be saved, or increase the damage output of gun skill based weapons.

Encleve Armor: I have no opinion for armor changes, save that certain factions get their armor ( i.e. Encleve PA or officer uniforms.)

I do enjoy the ammo weight, as it makes one think of how to kit ones gear.

• Cool Cool x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Estmund

Estmund New User

Brotherhood of Steel
    United States
    Ratings:
    +4 / -1
    I revised the changes so yall might wanna take a gander

11. BigEmpty

BigEmpty Well-Liked User

NCR
    United States
    Ratings:
    +74 / -0
    Ich bin immer noch nicht einverstanden mit der revidierten Teleportation und Gewicht. Ich denke, das Teleportationssystem ist in Ordnung, wie es jetzt ist. Und warum repariere etwas, das bereits funktioniert, so wie es ist? Dies verleiht dem Cap-Aspekt eine gewisse Dringlichkeit. Aber ich schweife ab, Gewicht wird nicht Sprengstoff nerf. Es hat den Dicken nicht nerfiert, und ich habe viel darüber gehört. Also, wie genau würde der Sprengstoff nerf nerf? Vor allem, da jeder mit den richtigen Kits umgehen kann.

EDIT: I totally didn't mean to write that in German my bad px

12. Ranger Pariah

Ranger Pariah User

Talon Company
    France
    Ratings:
    +16 / -0
    What's it translate to? Cause I am too lazy to google translate right now.