Fix the Game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kaiser Dayne XI, Mar 3, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
  1. Kaiser Dayne XI

Kaiser Dayne XI Recognised User | Level 2

Caesar's Legion
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +355 / -30
    [​IMG]
    Legion Here again. Here to address another problem
    that isn't talked about enough. Not talking about it will not get it done. Now you might ask "what is the problem?"
    Combat in general.
    Combat has been edgy and annoying for far too long.
    It all revolves around using explosives and if you dont know you will be instantly killed. It is a battle for who has 50k stimpaks or not, but it is easy to tell who has the most stimpaks and battles last hours if even finishing till one person runs away because they have to go.
    This shouldnt be combat:

I call upon Jak to fix these issues such as the gun skill not being added to the database for 2 years now. And dont be like "Just deal with it and join in on the edgy battles" But no one really likes joining in on the battles like that because there are people who have literally no lives and play nothing but NVMP and have over 50k stimpaks and have all the op weapons and armor that one hit kills anyone if you arent breaking the one key on your keyboard. Some people are happy with this problem because they can actually be good at a game and have no skill besides holding left click with a weapon that does a large amount of damage in seconds. Without stimpaks you die instantly without time to react. There is even a gun that can one hit kill you easily if you arent a certain level. Which takes hours out of your day to sit here and pick up a holotape two hundred and fifty thousand times. And that could all be ruined by some rando who could come in and instantly kill you with one shot like it has happened to me plenty of times.

Just fix the gun skill and nerf these outrageous weapons already.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Snake Vargas

Snake Vargas Banned User

Desert Rangers
    Ratings:
    +95 / -10
    Complains about one hit kills below a certain level, which is 30. Uses the Fat Man exclusively in combat, which is a one hit kill below level 30.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  3. Kaiser Dayne XI

Kaiser Dayne XI Recognised User | Level 2

Caesar's Legion
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +355 / -30
    I use the Fatman when I play once every two years because why would I play at a disadvantage to everyone else who is using the one hit kill weapons. You obviously just want to try and defend the use of op weapons because you are unable to actually kill someone with skill.

4. dogo

dogo Gamemaster

Administrator Gamemaster Forum Moderator Forum Dweller Beta Tester
    Ratings:
    +314 / -22
    I understand your point @Kaiser Dayne and there's some merit, but first, dont say Jak plz fix.
    fnv has it's limit and fine tuning it is something that might never be perfect. If anyone can chart some change suggestion for some stats, please go full steam ahead!

:D

• Like Like x 3
  5. DERP halo

DERP halo New User

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    i Went into the gammorah and i froze and coulden't move and now when i reload into the game it throws me into an empty void and i can't go anywhere else even with the map

6. Abby

Abby User

The Enclave
    Ratings:
    +4 / -0
    The mod definitely has its bugs and glitches but for what it's worth, it's pretty good. To me, and a lot of new people (probably) we don't really wanna spend hours or days grinding at Jacobstown for stimpaks just so we can last in a fight that may or may not go our way. With the lack of quests and a lot of NPCs, NV-MP is narrowed down to a lot of PvP encounters and faction rivalries but when perhaps the most important skill in Fallout is bugged (Guns) and PvP just ridiculously unfair for the players who haven't spent hours connecting, buying stimpaks, then reconnecting to restock the trader as they'll be outmatched by the max level player with 10,000 stimpaks.

I'm quite new here and don't really know how development works or if it's even ongoing at all but eventually, people are going to get sick of the PvP and leave NV-MP as if people haven't already. I really enjoy this mod so far and the people in this community but I'm sure the community would appreciate it if there was at least a comment from the dev team or just any information at all regarding where NV-MP development is heading.

• Like Like x 1
  7. orenii

orenii

Beta Tester The Hounds
    Ratings:
    +70 / -5
    NV-MP is a modification for the already existing game Fallout: New Vegas.
    So I don't know why you're talking about AMP since it's irrelevant here.

Jak does give shits about NV-MP, I mean why would he still pay for this site and the dedicated server which run the server ? He also updates the mod often, it's mostly backend, fixing some bugs or optimising networking code so you don't see it and it's not relevant enough for a changelog. But he still cares.

As for the suggestion, I think PVP is indeed a mess because most players aren't fair. Playing with explosives and an insane amount of stimpak is not a fair way to play.
    There are ways to fix it, but Jak can't fix people.

8. Snake Vargas

Snake Vargas Banned User

Desert Rangers
    Ratings:
    +95 / -10
    I mean Getex wasn't wrong. Didn't phrase it very nice, but he has a point.

9. GeTex

GeTex Banned User

NCR
    Ratings:
    +52 / -9
    if pvp is broken then they should fix it, not some dumb ass bugs that don't make a difference

10. Abby

Abby User

The Enclave
    Ratings:
    +4 / -0
  11. Vulpes Inculta

Vulpes Inculta

Beta Tester Caesar's Legion
    Ratings:
    +617 / -54
    I would very much like to "chart some change suggestions for some stats", I will try remember doing it tomorrow when I have some free time. But off the top of my head -

-GMG and Anabelle nerfed approximately 10%. (I will try to get some definitive numbers with SP tests).
    -Energy Weapons and Guns ( Including the YCS) damage boosted by 25%
    -Damage Multiplier on Headshots increased 100%
    -WG of GMG and Anabelle increased 50%

These are just rough estimates atm but you get the picture. The idea is to lessen explosive spam a bit, and allow for Energy Weapons and Guns to be more viable. That equates to funner PVP. The DM on Headshots allows for skill/luck/aim to down opponents faster.

As any regular will tell you, the problem with combat in the game is that PVP, as a general notion, lasts waaaayyyy too long. There needs to be an actual skill curve in this mod for it to have any longevity and appeal to players. There is a very small skill gap amongst the regulars here. (However, the skill gap would be widened if large group fights were more common, since a team that focuses the same target will have more success than a team that does not. But in small ~5 man fights, it is very easy to drag a fight on to 1-2 hours )

The simplest solution would appear to simply enable Hardcore mode.
    Ammo having weight and stimpaks being healed over time instead of instanteous would fix combat immediately. Explosive spam wouldn't be the most popular meta because people can still outDPS a stimpak healing rate. Guns and Energy Weapons would have increased utility as people would begin prioritizing weapons that have low risk of FF.

The current st8 of combat is abysmal. I know it's a Beta and all, but it is hard for me to imagine why the combat cannot be fixed. Enabling Hardcore mode is worth a try at least, no?

12. Red1995

Red1995

Forum Dweller Beta Tester
    Ratings:
    +555 / -16
    Honestly, making threads moaning about bugs and stuff is pointless. I'm 99% sure that Jak or whoever is in charge of it are aware of all the things people want/need changed.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. Mystique

Mystique

Forum Dweller NCR
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +541 / -22
    Kaiser is totally right about the whole stimpack flooding; it makes PvP not even fun and not what NV:MP is supposed to be about. It is a really hard thing to fix unless we removed stimpacks completely or, at the very least, implement some kind of cooldown system.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. THESOLDIERTELITE

THESOLDIERTELITE User

Ratings:
    +3 / -0
    instead of nerfing stimpaks make them like in hardcore mode where there balanced i think its 4 hp for 1 m i think?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Breezy

Breezy Well-Liked User

NCR
    Ratings:
    +111 / -0
    Hardcore mode :cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. BK201Soren

BK201Soren New User

Brotherhood of Steel
    Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Hardcore being forced on would certainly help relieve some of the problem. Explosives tend to weigh the most, so explosion profienct characters would certainly feel the hurt there. I currently run hardcore just cause, and it certainly impacts how much ammo I can afford to bring anywhere (microfusion cells weigh a lot). However, I think core issues still remain. The first being an unlimited amount of stimpacks and other items. Stimpacks, super stimpacks, med-x, and 100 medicine skill would give the player 75 HP/per second. Which can easily outheal a deathclaw or two. Pretty sure Buffout can even be used to restore some HP instantly like stimpacks function in non-hardcore. Though maybe I'm just thinking Fallout 4's hardcore mode.

I remember playing a mod called Project Nevada, in which the stimpack and super stimpack weight were changed. I think it was something like 0.1 and 0.3 if I recall correctly. Forcing weight on not only ammo, but health restorations and chems would discourage people from hauling around a couple hundred of every (normally weightless) aid based item in the game. At the very least they would need to balance the amount of ammo, heals, chem buffs, and free space that they think they will need.

In lieu of that idea, I noticed the Full Metal Fat Man (in place of the normal Fat Man) situated in the deathclaw quarry and it has 230 weight. That's not vanilla. So changing weightless healing and buffing items shouldn't be out of the question is what I'm guessing based on this item.

17. Prime

Prime Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Hardcore mode is automatically enforced now. The two most OP items, the Fatman and Mercy were nerfed.

We are only missing a locked difficulty and stimpack weight.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. The Outlaw

The Outlaw

Patreon Supporter Forum Dweller Beta Tester Outlaws
    Ratings:
    +887 / -35
    Noticed that I still couldn't kill people in T45D Power Armor, (who were only level 3, to my 7 Strength, 100 Melee, Fully repaired "Oh Baby!" Super sledgehammer,) as easily anymore too. Don't know if thats relevant to this thread but thought I should complain somewhere.

• Cool Cool x 1
  19. Caden Schutze

Caden Schutze User

Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    I feel like stimpaks should weigh the same as a food item that heals at 100 Survival for as much as a stimpak heals with 100 Medicine.

20. Prime

Prime Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Power armor is resistant to melee damage, and melee is prone to suffer synchronization errors. Against power armor, the pulse gun, paladin toaster, or other weapons that deal pulse damage are highly effective. This is because Hardcore mode increases resistances, but buffs weaknesses.

Light Armor is weak to fire, lasers, Guns, explosives, and slash damage.
    Medium Armor is weak to Plasma, explosives and bash damage.
    Heavy Armor is weak to Plasma, (explosives?), and bash damage.
    Power Armor is weak to Pulse damage.

• Informative Informative x 3