Faction NPCs at bases

Discussion in 'Suggestions Hub' started by Prime, Apr 19, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
  1. Prime

Prime Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    As the name implies, I am proposing the consideration of custom NPCs replacing default spawns at all bases. In this system, a set of NPCs that represent a faction will be spawned and will defend a base if someone starts a capture on the base. This makes ghost-capping just that little bit harder.

Featured factions can submit a template or gear they want their NPCs want to have, within certain limitations of course. Larger bases will have more NPCs spawning.

This can be tied into a hostility or allies feature wherein a faction may set who their allies are and what level of hostility they have to neutrals on their faction page. Hostile factions will have NPCs that automatically attack people near their bases, while peaceful factions will have NPCs that remain neutral until the /startcapture command is initiated. You would be able to add other factions to your allies list, which would be publicly visible, and would whitelist factions to be able to enter your base.

Default factions would receive a generic template, though. (They could literally just be called [INSERT FACTION BANNER] Guard / Soldier)

A large base would have 20 - 30 NPCs (Jacobstown, Hoover Dam, Nellis, Searchlight, etc.)
    Medium bases would have 15 - 20 NPCs (SSHQ, the Strip)
    Small bases would have 10 - 15 NPCs (Farms, small buildings, etc.)
    Tiny bases would have 5 - 10 NPCs (Caves, small outposts.)

(I wrote this under time constraints. I will be editing it later to convey a clearer idea, I just didn't want to forget the concept later today, apologies.)

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Prime

Prime Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Also, could I get this moved to Suggestions, please? I accidentally posted here, sorry!

3. Red1995

Red1995

Forum Dweller Beta Tester
    Ratings:
    +555 / -16
    Adding more npcs to an already unstable game seems like a bad idea. I can also see potential for abuse if they've got good gear that's worth farming.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Johnny Savage

Johnny Savage Banned User

Ratings:
    +182 / -55
    I like the idea, perhaps give npcs metal armour to purposefully make them worthless for farming, also means ghost capping aint reall ghost capping as you would need to fight a lot of npcs

5. Breezy

Breezy Well-Liked User

NCR
    Ratings:
    +111 / -0
    I like it, but to be able to get the NPCs to attack upon capture I believe it would have to be done on the programming side. So until we get an active dev then we may not see this being added soon

6. Breezy

Breezy Well-Liked User

NCR
    Ratings:
    +111 / -0
    Another idea is that the NPCs could be added synced from the programming side, therefore it’s almost as like facing an actual player. They will have the tag of the faction who currently owns the location. Then people could actually shoot at the same NPC that is defending. It would be like adding small battle scenarios.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Johnny Savage

Ratings:
    +182 / -55
    yeah, that would be hard, unless there was a script which meant it atakcs anyone no matter who if they cap the base, like when they /capture the npcs are ordered to turn hostile,

8. Johnny Savage

Ratings:
    +182 / -55
  9. Vault-Boy

Vault-Boy User

The Operators
    Ratings:
    +53 / -2
    Not only would this make capturing more competitive, but it would also add more enjoyment to it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Vault-Boy

Vault-Boy User

The Operators
    Ratings:
    +53 / -2
    Before something like this is added, we have a long way to come. Until the staff team decide to hire more developers, we can't really expect this type of thing.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Prime

Prime Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Or make it so that the longest you hold the base for, the more NPCs there. That way you can't just take a base and suddenly spawn 50 guards. Like 1 new guard per hour until you reach Max guard level relative to base level. This would reward factions for defensing their bases and add a consequence to losing a base.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1