In Character Desert Rangers | Recruitment Thread

Discussion in 'Factions & Alliances' started by Desert Ranger Manzanator, May 4, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
  1. Desert Ranger Manzanator

Desert Ranger Manzanator User

Desert Rangers
    Argentina
    Ratings:
    +17 / -0
    Lore

On the same day that the major powers of the world were all busy ensuring our mutual destruction, a company of U.S. Army Engineers were in the southwestern deserts building land bridges over dry riverbeds. They worked deep in the inhospitable desert valleys, surrounded by a number of survivalist communities. Located directly south of their position on that day was a newly-constructed federal prison. In addition to housing the nation's criminals condemned to death, the prison contained light industrial manufacturing facilities.

Shortly after the nuclear attack began, the Engineers, seeking shelter, took over the federal prison and expelled the prisoners into the desolate desert to complete their sentences. As the weeks passed, they invited the nearby survivalist communities to join them and to help them build a new society. Because of each communities' suspicions towards one another, times were difficult at first. But as time nurtured trust, this settlement (which came to be known as Ranger Center) grew to be one of the strongest outposts. The Ranger Center even proved powerful enough to repel the hands of rancorous criminals who repeatedly attacked in attempts to reclaim what was once their home."

The citizens of the Ranger Center, after first believing that they were the only ones who survived the nuclear maelstrom, soon realized that communities beyond the desert's grip had also survived, Because they had such success in constructing a new community, they felt compelled to help other survivors rebuild and live in peace.

Toward this end, the Desert Rangers, in the great tradition of the Texas and Arizona Rangers a century before, were born.

Fast forward to current times, and the Rangers have sent excursions to the neighboring "states", as they were called before the war, to help the local communities and attempt to keep the people safe. They find themselves in the Mojave, with 4 major powers all looking to tear each other, and by extension - the innocents around them, apart. The Desert Rangers seek to resolve these conflicts in the safest and fairest way possible, in order to keep the locals safe. However, if forced to draw, the Rangers shall not hesitate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Goals in the Mojave

• Increase the overall wellness and prosperity in the Wasteland.

• Provide a safe environment for the innocent to live.

• Enforce the Rule of Law in order to keep the area Civilized.

• Restore the reputation and legacy of the Desert Rangers to the standard it once was.

Territory

Jacobstown

Ranger Station Foxtrot

Silver Peak Mine Shack

Ruby Hill Mine

Charleston Cave

NCR Ranger Safehouse

Tumbleweed Ranchouse

Horowitz Farmstead

Joining the Desert Rangers

To join the Desert Rangers, you must answer the following set of questions, the more you write, the better.
    * Means optional.

NVMP Name:

Discord Name:

*Backstory:

*Lore Name:

I. To what purpose were the Rangers created?

II. What is your view on slavery?

III. Are the Rangers needed? Why?

IV. Which side did you pick at the end of Fallout:New Vegas? What were your reasons?

V. Were you member of any other faction/s? If you were, state which.

VI. Does the end justify the means?

VII. How much do you know the map of F:NV? Are you able to recognize the most common places if pointed to them?

VIII. Are you willing to risk your life for the others, and fight the Good Fight with us?

IX. Do you like the sight of your own blood?

X. Do you want to buy wind brahmin?

XI. Even in society's darkest moments, should law and order still be implemented?

XII. Do you agree to carry the banner of the Desert Rangers with pride, and protect the weak from the tyrants of the wastes?

XIII. State your timezone, and how active do you intend to be.

Discord

https://discord.gg/hGmwCvp

Last edited: May 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Big_Bear

Big_Bear User

Desert Rangers
    Germany
    Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    To join the Desert Rangers, you must answer the following set of questions, the more you write, the better.
    * Means optional.

NVMP Name: Big_Bear

Discord Name: BODZED#1615

*Backstory:

Name: Brutus Baer

Origin: Unkown / His blood test found out that his ancestors come from Germany

Brutus Baer, a bit strange that his last name is writen "Baer". Normaly many people would write it "Bear". But he is an descendant of and pre-war German imigration family. What exactly happened to his family during the war is not known.
    The only thing clear is his story in the wastelands of Nevada. His childhood was unspectacular until a decisive event in his life.
    There was a Day that the young adault Brutus walkes to the Wasteland as he saw a group of Raiders that attacked a little Farm. He tooked his old hunting rifle and his .308 Rounds. Just 7 for 12 Raiders. He thought to himself if it is so smart to attack them but he thought just about the fact to help the people. He put on his hunting rifle and looked through the Iron Sight

The first Shoot...
    A raider falls down to ground

Another shoot...
    A raider aiming in his direction with a pistol gets a clean headshot

As he was about to reload, a cartridge stuck.A few of the Raiders ran screaming and shooting in his direction.Panicking, Brutus thought about what he should do, he grabbed his belt and drew his hunting knife. When the Raiders were close enough, Brutus came out of his cover and rammed his hunting knife into the Raider's belly.He tried to grab the Raider's weapon as he looked into his twitching eyes in front of him . The Raider dropped his weapon and smiled evil.

"....You..are...dead..."

The Raider spoke in a shaky voice..

BUT

At this moment, shots are whipping across the floor. The other raiders fell hit the floor and lay as the distinctive red helmet glasses entered the scene. The hunting knife was turned once and then pulled out, it was turned in the hand and Brutus went into fighting position. One of the 3 desert rangers approached the young man. He spoke in a dull deep scratchy voice

" Pretty brave of you to defend the group, whats your name boy"

Brutus but his knife down

"Brutus Baer"

The Ranger looked at him

"Brutus Bear, so if you are interested to fight for the good thing and to defend weaker people, maybe you should come with us"

Brutus looked a bit scary but i just needed a few seconds

"Ofcourse Sir, i hope i can do my best"

Later he was a bit sad that the Ranger wrotes at his Application documents his name "Brutus BEAR" and not "Bruts BAER". But it was okay, He was proud to help the weak in the future even better.

Brutus Bear

*Lore Name: Brutus Baer

[[[To help the local communities and attempt to keep the people safe]]]

[[[ Slavery is one of the weakes point of an organized society. There is always a way to live in harmony, without an Master and an Slave. The New Republic brings hope and if there is hope, there is no space foe slavery ]]]

[[[ Rangers are a kind of Peacekeeper. A Ranger can be a key figur because he is for the most situations prepared

IV. Which side did you pick at the end of Fallout:New Vegas? What were your reasons?

[[[I tooked als ends of F:NV and i liked the NCR mostly, the idea of bringing back the Commenwealth was just to nice for me. It is like the idea to bring bacl the world into a new kind of normality]]]

[[[ No ]]]

[[[ There will be no way for justice without takeing some lifes. Sometimes is this the bad taste of justice but its the truth. No one can handle everything, but you can try to do your best. Every General or Leader needs to make some bad decissions but, they only work for a better future]]]

VII. How much do you know the map of F:NV? Are you able to recognize the most common places if pointed to them?

[[[Oh yes, i played Fallout New Vegas over 338 hours and i read a loot of books in the game or some lore videos]]]

VIII. Are you willing to risk your life for the others, and fight the Good Fight with us?

[[[As long as I live]]]

[[[ In the fight for the good, I will often see my blood. So I think it's about time to make friends with it]]]

[[[If i had the opportunity to give it to a poor family, ofcourse ]]]

XI. Even in society's darkest moments, should law and order still be implemented?

[[[ As long as one fights for law and order, there will always be new people who will follow the call of justice]]]

XII. Do you agree to carry the banner of the Desert Rangers with pride, and protect the weak from the tyrants of the wastes?

[[[I will carry the banner with pride, to the end of the world, through the apocalyptic hell]]]

MESZ - German time / I just need to download NV:MP again and i can tell you that i can come online everyday for 2-3 hours

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Desert Ranger Manzanator

Desert Rangers
    Argentina
    Ratings:
    +17 / -0

Accepted. Please apply on the Group so i can accept you.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TripleGooberberrySunrise

TripleGooberberrySunrise User

Desert Rangers
    France
    Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    NVMP Name:TripleGooberberrySunrise

Discord Name:Yoshikage Kira#8972

*Backstory:

Descended from those in chinese internment camps before the great war, Yoshikage Kira was a simple man who wanted to live a quiet and peaceful life in the Mojave, he wanted to maintain the peace, make everyone happy, generally make life better for himself, and others. He saw the pain and misery caused by the raiders like the Great Kahns, and the Powder Gangers, and he knew he had to put a stop to them. He lost his parents to the Powder Gangers after establishing their encampent from the old NCR correctional facility, he grieved for far too long, and he knew, from then on, he never wanted someone to grieve as he has, he never wanted to have others feel the pain he did, he wanted a quiet peaceful life, for himself, and others.

*Lore Name:Yoshikage Kira

To protect those who cannot protect themselves

An evil and malicious practice, that is grown and supported by greed

Many in the wasteland are unfit to protect and provide for themselves, either for fear, or lack of resources, we need to be their bravery.

The House ending, because unifying the Strip and ending the cruelty of Caesers Legion throughout the Mojave

Caesers Legion, NCR

In some cases, because some sacrifices need to be made, for an everlasting change to occur

I know it pretty well, I'd be able to tell from landmarks, and other surrounding locations I'd know of

Yes, fighting for those who cannot fight for themselves is very honorable

I do not mind it

No

Yes, it is an important to establish the rights and wrongs of a society, even if its a struggling time.

Yes

EST, ill be active when Im needed, and not very often, until after school, due to AP testing and Exams, but ill be on as frequently as possible until then.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Desert Ranger Manzanator

Desert Rangers
    Argentina
    Ratings:
    +17 / -0
    Accepted, please apply on the group at your earliest convenience.

6. Mordecai

Mordecai Banned User

United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +13 / -5
    NVMP Name: Mordecai

Discord Name: Spacepunch

*Backstory: *You open a small brown journal found on the ground while traveling to Nipton, it has some bloodstains and smells of black gunpowder.*

"If you're reading this then you must be one sneaky cat to get by me, that or a good shot. This is a journal about my life and how I ended up after 27 years of living growing up with both parents and even finding a wife. Being with a raider gang, addicted to Psycho.
    Well when I was barely able to walk my parents traveled plenty, eventually they settled near the Mojave to adapt into farm life. So I'm not entirely sure where I was birthed but I know the Mojave is home. Papa was a very quiet man, but smiled plenty. He worked hard keeping up the shack while Ma would tend the crops and herd Khuli our Brahmin. Now Ma had a gift from my grandparents and that was knowledge of our pedigree. Ma spoke proudly of our ancestors of The Union of Soviets who took shelter in a vault located at the Boneyard when the bombs fell. Now I know what you're thinking and no I have no accent and neither did Ma. However Ma did know some of our old family's language and eventually I learned it too. Mainly small phrases and curses. I loved my parents and they loved me. We were a functioning family a blessing I'm aware others do not have.
    One day sadly at the age of 17, I woke up to a smell of fire and what I now know is burning flesh. Ma screaming, gunfire and the crackling of burning wood filled the air as I look to see my Papa dragging me outside. Before I could ask what was happening he told me to "Run my boy, never come back here, never look back and Live!" I had never seen such extreme expressions on Papa's face. Fear took control of my body and I did as he said, and I still listened. I never returned. I tell myself to visit one day, but it has been so many years. I am sure my old burnt home has long been built over by the many large factions of these lands.
    I eventually took a job as a caravan guard, protecting merchants shady, to honest, to just being a plain mu'dak. I met a woman Cynthia an NCR soldier. She had beautiful dark hair and brown eyes and her smile. It could make even a deathclaw hesitate. That woman became my wife, and I eventually dropped my job traveling deciding to do odd jobs around where she was posted to stay close. She called me stupid for dropping such a gig but I knew she was happy to have me near. However once again when things seemed to settle and I was at peace, chaos was around the corner.
    I was kidnapped by men in red, they reeked of blood and fire. I would later know these men as the Legion. They caught me through a false odd job I took to scavenge a local ruin. It turned out to be a trap obviously and they took me to a hidden camp. There I stood staring at a large man in heavy what looked like torn power armour on my knees. He asked me my name and once again fear took hold of me "Netch." I said. Nothing more or less, he seemed pleased and disappointed all at once towards how much of a fight I wasn't putting up. He looked at me for a few moments before nodding. Suddenly I was pinned down on my back and was facing a hot iron in the shape of a bull. They pressed it hard on my collarbone, felt like it was going to shatter with that man's strength. That brand still itches on my neck, any shirt I wear rubs against it. They then locked me up in a dark hole for I'm not sure how long.
    While awake in this hole, the door was suddenly opened and I was introduced to a lone NCR soldier, with dark eyes looking at me. Her tears developed as she ran in. She would say my name in a hushed yell hugging me and unlocking my cuffs. I was convinced she never would've found me. I wish she moved on, found a new husband. One not dumb enough to get caught like me. Maybe then she wouldv- *The page cuts off, you turn it and see the writing continues*

I should be upset with Legion for enslaving me and killing my Cynthia, but I feel more rage towards the NCR for abandoning her after death. I came to them beaten, bloodied, holding my wife's tags telling the nearest poor boy that she needed a burial. Whoever was in charge, this man with a green beret and a face so clean you couldn't trust it tells me "She abandoned her post and left her fellow men in danger for one sad man. She's a traitor, not NCR." I got to say. It felt good serving those months knocking the lights out of him.
    After getting out, I began to wander, I had no place, no home. I was scared to have one. I started doing psycho. It channeled my rage, helped me fight off whatever came my way. Helps me forget what I failure I am. Eventually the Fiends found me, I was mugging this wastelander in a vault suit. I guess they liked what they saw after I shot him down without hesitation when he tried to draw. Since joining all I've done is psycho, kill, drink, sleep, repeat. Sometimes at times like these, when the high dies down I feel regret and sorrow. I think about how disgusted Cynthia would be or how saddened Ma would be to see our legacy come to this, but then I inject more and the doubt is gone and all I can hear is "Never look back, and live!".

*Lore Name: Netch Romaslav

I. To what purpose were the Rangers created? To bring law and order to the wasteland.

II. What is your view on slavery? It is disgusting and the people who practice it should be put to sleep.

III. Are the Rangers needed? Why? Yes. They are needed if this wasteland is to remain peaceful and orderly while it slowly rebuilds itself.

IV. Which side did you pick at the end of Fallout:New Vegas? What were your reasons? I chose the NCR because of their general do gooder attitude. They seem a bit corrupt, but of course if you look at it, they are the good guys.

V. Were you member of any other faction/s? If you were, state which. I was with the BoS a while ago.

VI. Does the end justify the means? That depends on the situation.

VII. How much do you know the map of F:NV? Are you able to recognize the most common places if pointed to them? I am confindent of my knowledge of the NV map. It may be rusty as i have not played in a while

VIII. Are you willing to risk your life for the others, and fight the Good Fight with us? Yes.

IX. Do you like the sight of your own blood? No, but i can handle it.

X. Do you want to buy wind brahmin? Yes.

XI. Even in society's darkest moments, should law and order still be implemented? Yes.

XII. Do you agree to carry the banner of the Desert Rangers with pride, and protect the weak from the tyrants of the wastes? Yes.

XIII. State your timezone, and how active do you intend to be. UTC Dublin London. And as active as possible

• Like Like x 1
  7. Desert Ranger Manzanator

Desert Rangers
    Argentina
    Ratings:
    +17 / -0
    ACCEPTED. Please apply on the group so you can claim the ribbon.

8. Brandon Lewis

Brandon Lewis User

Desert Rangers
    United Kingdom
    Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    NVMP Name: Brandon Lewis

Discord Name: Carrot

*Backstory: *Just outside of New Vegas in Freeside, Rikter and his Brother James where Caravan guards returning from a job*
    "So Rikter you found yourself a girl yet?" James said curiously.
    "No, and stop asking. Wait whats happening over there!" Replied Rikter Anxiously and pointing over to an alley way seeing 5 men taking a young girl with them.
    They both pulled out their service rifles and ran up to the alley way. The girl looked about 16 the men where your avarage freeside folk harrasing her. James Stepped out and shouted. "Hey!" The thugs turned round and shouted, "Righ ol'boy im going to give you the count of 5 to run away to mummy."
    James pulled up wih rifle and shot 3 bullets into the thugs skull. The outher opend fire killing James instantly. Rikter Opend Fire killing 2 of them swiftly, however he took a bullet to the knee and pleeded for mercy. The thugs Picked him up and pushed him to the wall! "So whats your reason for killing my friends, and trying to save this young girl". Rikter looking worried and looking down at jame's body, replied;

"It all started in Shady Sands, 2271, my father serving in the NCR was killed in action. My mother knew we couldnt stay in shady sands. so we packed our things and joined up with a caravan to Goodsprings, Mojave. The road was long and dry. we soon ran out of water and had to stop at a service stop. Turns out we didnt have enough caps for enough water. The leader of the caravan told us to stay, and inevatably die. My mother Shot herself 1 month later. Me and James knew we couldnt stay so we walked, and walked. Untill one day, and i remember it perfectly clear, a Desert Ranger named Wilson picked us up and took us through the Long 15, to the Mojave Outpost. This was our home for 5 months. the NCR was kind to us. When it came to us leaving we walked to Novac, then Trading post 188. Finally after 3 weeks of trecking we made it to New Vegas. As we approched the North Gate in tatterd rags and a few caps to our name, Securatron came up to us and said, "Submit to a credit check or show a valid new vegas passport" We repied, "how much?" "The credit check is 2000 caps each" The securatron replied. We turned around and this old man around 60 ran up to us and said "you boys! Looks like you need some work follow me." We followed him and he took us to a Caravan Guard buisness. Our first job was a chems delivery from Freeside to Novac, it was a smashing success. We had this job for 10 years. The year is now 2281 and we where on our way back from a failed job thats where we met you fine gentlemen."

"Really well how about you write it down, In your coffin hahaha" The thief pulled out his knife when i heard gunshots. The remaining thugs lay dead on the floor. The Old man and The Ranger that helped us all that time ago, Wilson saved me. I ran and Huged him. He looked down and saw James dead on the floor. He said to me. "So your helping outhers now, well, time for you to make a decision, Do you wish to uphold the values of a Desert Ranger, and Help the weak?" I replied "I know it wont bring back james but it will save many outhers."
    The he got on a terminal and wrote out his application, and prayed for his accpetance.

*Lore Name: Rikter Wright

The Rangers Where formed to protect the weak and those who are unable to protect themselves.
    Slavery is a great and evil crime, for those who know no better then to make outhers do dangerous tasks for them. Take the Legion for example, a weak, unstable society who thrive on slavery to keep them on their feet. Groups like these horrify me!
    The Rangers are needed. Why? Because even with Laws put in place by the NCR you need someone to carry out justice amoung the populace and help those in need. With the NCR up to their neck with the Legion, there is no-one to uphold the law and protect the weak. The Value's that the Rangers promise to exacute and the value's i wish to uphold.
    In New Vegas i chose the NCR over the outhers. Reason is i belive that having a stable society and goverment is the most important thing for a post apocalyptic wasteland and the NCR provided just that.
    No
    It does depend on the situation at hand.
    I could know the direct and safest route to a pointed out location most places on the map.
    I am willing to sacrifice my life saving the ones who cannot be saved.
    Being in many comabt situations over my carrer, the sight of my blood gives my a boost of adrenaline and confidance in the heat of battle.
    No
    Law and Order should always be apart of society or else there would be even more chaos.
    I will always carry the banner with great honour and help the weak at any cost whether the cost being my life or a villan's.
    XIII. State your timezone, and how active do you intend to be
    UTC London, And Active as most as i can.

• Like Like x 1
  9. AlexTheWastelander

AlexTheWastelander User

Desert Rangers
    United States
    Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    NVMP Name: AlexTheWastelander

Discord Name:Hermann Von Salza

*Backstory: Born on November 10th 2257 in a run down farm in Sublimity, Oregon. Alex lived with his older brother and his little sister, He learned to fight, Hunt and survive from his father and excelled at these abilities. Soon enough this little countryside wasteland "paradise" was cut short with a group of Oregon's renowned cannibals at 13. He fended off the cannibals till he was the last man, grabbing his dad's leather holster and Bad .44 he fled out of a window and wandered south for 11 years. Soon he set foot in the Mojave desert attempting to make a name for himself.

*Lore Name:Alex Grube

I. To what purpose were the Rangers created? To restore the Peace, Law and order to the wasteland.

II. What is your view on slavery? It should not be practiced and who ever does practice it should be punished accordingly.

III. Are the Rangers needed? Why? To directly defend the rebuilding of our currently crippled wasteland to the former pre-war glory.

IV. Which side did you pick at the end of Fallout:New Vegas? What were your reasons? I picked Yes man because the NCR seemed to big for its own good and the Legion is just some Role players dressed as romans killing people.

V. Were you member of any other faction/s? If you were, state which. Nope not a single one.

VI. Does the end justify the means? Really depends what the situation is and the context.

VII. How much do you know the map of F:NV? Are you able to recognize the most common places if pointed to them? I know it well enough to recognize most if not all locations.

VIII. Are you willing to risk your life for the others, and fight the Good Fight with us? Yes.

IX. Do you like the sight of your own blood? No but I can handle it without freaking out.

X. Do you want to buy wind brahmin? "Wind Brahmin? Don't you mean Tumbleweeds?"

XI. Even in society's darkest moments, should law and order still be implemented? Yes because with law and order the dark times will fade faster than without them.

XII. Do you agree to carry the banner of the Desert Rangers with pride, and protect the weak from the tyrants of the wastes? Oh Hell yea!

XIII. State your timezone, and how active do you intend to be. United States pacific time and about every other day.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Ned Flanders

Ned Flanders New User

NCR
    United States
    Ratings:
    +0 / -0
  11. BigEmpty

BigEmpty Well-Liked User

NCR
    United States
    Ratings: