Client problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MertErdogan, Jul 21, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice
  1. MertErdogan

MertErdogan User

Brotherhood of Steel
    Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    I played the game like 6 months ago but now I can't join the game because client closes itself, what's it about?

2. Mistor Love

Mistor Love User

Talon Company
    Ratings:
    +42 / -4
    You can try three things, First thing I would do is reinstall the mod, Second thing I would do is steam check integrity. Last thing I would do is go with a fresh install of the mod and the game. hope this helps!

3. Prime

Prime Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0

The NVMP client itself is closing, or the game is launching and instantly closing?

4. MertErdogan

MertErdogan User

Brotherhood of Steel
    Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    NVMP client itself is closing.
    I did first two of them no luck, didn't do last one yet.

5. Prime

Prime Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Is Fallout: New Vegas installed on your C: drive?

6. Mistor Love

Mistor Love User

Talon Company
    Ratings:
    +42 / -4
    The issue would not be where the file is installed, because as he stated before it once worked. File Installation if done correctly does not matter where its at.
    Then I would recommend reinstalling the game and having a fresh install of the mod. maybe its because a update did not sync with your client. could be a multitude of reasons.

7. Prime

Prime Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Actually, it has been proven upon multiple occasions and cited by the administration team that the file location for FNV and, as a result, NVMP is dependent upon functionality. This is likely due to a redundency in the code that isn't necessary but calls on the drive directly.

We aren't exactly certain if that is the reason, but this has been a valid fix for multiple people using separate drives.

Again, if you have an issue with the way I've commented on your posts in the past, though, feel free to send me a DM instead of this childish back and forth. I am getting really tired of it.

8. Mistor Love

Mistor Love User

Talon Company
    Ratings:
    +42 / -4
    I was just bringing up the fact having something saved on another drive isnt really an issue in this day and age. i'm not going to go to a DM just to argue a point that is correct. Sure some software devs still code in a way so you need to be saved to a single drive, however most devs take into matter that most people have more then one drive. For example I have my fallout nv saved on my F drive.

Also a side note. What I have done in separate threads has nothing to do what I have done here. I just wanted to correct the fact that having your game installed on any other drive then the C: drive will cause an issue. Hope I cleared things up.

• Like Like x 1
  9. MertErdogan

MertErdogan User

Brotherhood of Steel
    Ratings:
    +2 / -0
    Thanks for your reply guys, I'm gonna try to reinstall the game and NV:MP sometime.
    I will inform you.

• Like Like x 1